Home Buying in Clinton Hill>Question Details

Diana Kay, Home Buyer in New York, NY

I would really like to buy a 1 bedroom coop or condo in Brooklyn, preferably in the Clinton Hill area. I

Asked by Diana Kay, New York, NY Sun Aug 24, 2008

know
I can easily afford something around 200K, but I don't know if there is likely to be anything available in this price range. My salary is 75k, my credit is excellent, and I plan on putting 10% down.
How do I even get started ?

Answers

10
You Can Find Properties info here by searching on the link
Web Reference: http://apt-search.co.cc/
Hi Diana,

I have a coop in Willoughby Walk apartments across from Pratt Institute that was just reduced to $225,000. Call my office at 718-624-9500 to discuss further.

Adolphus Dickerson
clinton hill RE
Hi Diana,
Are you looking specifically in Clinton Hill only?
I have currently an awesome Co-op studio in Brooklyn Heights, Asking $195K mtn is $540. Studio has plenty of windows, closets, amazing rooftop view, lots of lights, doorman, parking, allow pets, easy board, you can rent out, etc.
The building is next to the Brooklyn Bridge, gym, storage etc. Very convenient to everywhere.
Let me know if interested, thanks,
Ella

email: ella@themachreegroup.com
cell: 203 906 8133
Wait until the end of the year, Clinton Hill be be in your price range again.
Just got an estate listing. They want a quick sale and may entertain an offer in your price range. The property is a one bedroom coop in Clinton Hill across the street from Pratt Institute. Call Mr. Dickerson at clinton hill RE - 718-624-9500.
Hi Diana,

You might have to venture pass the Clinton Hill area for that price range. You can give me a call at 888-360-5757 x86 or email me at along@corleyre.com and I can assist you with finding you an coop or condo of your choice.
Web Reference: http://www.corleyre.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 4, 2008
Hello, I have some great co-ops available. Visit my website and click on co-ops for sale.

Visit: http://www.KandHhomes.com
Web Reference: http://www.KandHhomes.com
There are two divergent opinions here. One is that you get yourself a RE agent first and the other is that you go to a mortgage broker first. My opinion is that you get an agent. You need a place first. You're salary, credit score description would SUGGEST that you'll be ok in terms of getting a mortgage. Of course they have to look at your debt/income ratio, liabilities, prior ownership, etc., but for starters you look just fine. Having said that you don't need a pre qualify letter (which can be procured quite quickly) until you find a place you want to buy. So find a RE agent first. Look for testimonials and ask if you can speak to prior clients of theirs to make sure they would be someone you can trust. Anyone can have years of experience in the field, but the most important thing is to go with someone you actually feel is listening to you, and that you trust. This is, again, an attorney's point of view on this.
Hi Diana,

If you are looking to purchase a property the first person you should talk to is a mortgage professional. They can run your numbers look at your credit and give you an idea of what you will be looking at. But if you are not ready to buy within 90 try not to have your credit pulled.

Once you get an idea of how much home you can afford you should get in contact with an real estate agent so they can start to take you around to look at some properties. When your able to go out and view properties after you are done. You will be able to sit down and have a talk with yourself and see if you want to take that leap. If you still want to continue.

You should then talk to your mortgage professional and have then start working on your pre qualify letter. So when you find that perfect property you can submit an offer. If you have any questions feel free to contact me. Have a wonderful night.
Susan
The first thing you should do is contact a sales agent who operates that area. The market is always changing, and an agent who is in touch with the neighborhood will steer you in the right direction! With your salary and excellent credit, you may be able to afford more than you think.

You could follow up by talking to a mortgage broker. The broker will review your financial situation and pre-qualify you, or let you know how big of a loan for which you are likely to be approved. This will help you decide on your exact budget. I hope this helps!