Home Buying in Jacksonville>Question Details

Kyronrwillia…, Renter in

I would love to buy a condo or a townhome with in six months. Looking to get married and want to buy a home.

Asked by Kyronrwilliams, Wed Jan 23, 2013

I need to bring my score up, is there a company that helps with this?

Answers

14
Manuel Ramirez’s answer
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! And best of luck ahead for your marriage as well having dream of your own home. Having a Condo or Townhouse is a great choice. Contact to your local real estate agent as they can better guide in taking decision. You can also contact your lender.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 25, 2013
Congratulations on all the excitement happening in your life! You are going to be juggling many things over the next few months. I'd love to help you through the process and show you the vast number of condos and townhomes available throughout the Jacksonville Community. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance and congratulations again!!
Condominiums and Townhomes are Hot Items right now. With the Market progressing in a positive direction. Both Investors and people looking for homes to live in have targeted them heavy so get in the process now and find your spot.

RemingtonRealEstate@yahoo.com
(904) 994-1476
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! My son is getting married next month, so I am quite familiar with the excitement and stresses! As far as working your credit score and preparing for a home purchase, the best place to start is with a reputable mortgage banker. The best scenario is to interview a couple and go with the one you are most comfortable with as they will work with you and your Realtor throughout the loan and purchase process.

If you do not have a mortgage banker, I work with several in the state of Florida who are licensed nationwide. I would love the opportunity to chat with you, determine your wants and find your new home! Feel free to contact me and let's get you started in your next adventure .
Why Hello there, I would love to hold your hand through the process. I enjoy working with first time homebuyers. Please feel free to call are email me and we can get you started.. Thanks Lenee'

LeneePurdyRealtor@Yahoo.com

904-505-5083
For starters, your credit report will tell you the key factors affecting your score. Fore example the time since your most recent account was opened (the longer the better) or the percentage of available credit that has been used (greater than 30% is detrimental). Addressing any of those key factors in a positive way will improve your score. You should also carefully review your credit report to make sure there are no inaccuracies and contact the credit reporting agency for any needed corrections.

As with some of the other posts here I do not recommend credit repair companies. That money would be better spent reducing a balance on a credit account. I do recommend working with a mortgage professional who will be happy to recommend what steps to take. After you take the recommended actions ask them to manually rescore your credit for quicker changes in your score.
All of the answers provided give you a good starting point in your quest for home ownership. I would suggest contacting one of the Realtors who responded and setup a meeting.

Since you're getting married, some lenders such as Regions Bank here locally in Jacksonville offer a program where you can have your wedding guests contribute towards your down payment as a wedding gift. This is a great program and offers an alternative to the customary bridal registry process.

Congratulations!
Any reputable lender can score you on a pre-qualification, they can then TELL you what you would need to do to enhance or increase your score, in most cases a 620-640 score will get you in the door with a prequal ... based on what is actually in your file ... I DON'T recommend credit repair companies, your score is what it is and those are usually short term fixes, in my opinion, and cost money that may not be a wise expense .... work towards getting a solid score that will stand the test of time... you DON'T want it to bite you in the "you know what" when you are getting ready to close and change the deal...

Anyone that post's here is a qualified RE agent... I don't post lender info... I have solid contacts with some that I do business with every day and can put you in touch with them ... they can all help.... good luck!

Rick Reichard
All Real Estate Options, Inc.
rick@firstcoasthomehunters.com
I would be happy to assist you anyway that I can to help you along with your purchase of a new home. I have names that I can give you so you may talk to them about how to get your credit score to improve. Let me know if there is anything else that I can do for you and feel free to contact me anytime.

Thank you for your inquiry.
Here's a good mortgage contact: Paul Gregory | Mortgage Loan Officer with Home Source Lending
904-415-5166 http://www.hslending.com Here is his solution. A revolving credit account could be achieved by obtaining the credit from a “secured” credit card company that is almost always a guaranteed approval and in most cases without a credit check!!

“So what?” ….well let me surprise you that I have seen credit score improve dramatically by adding this revolving line of credit before the account has ever been used under the proper circumstances!

Paul will do this evaluation for you for free. It only takes a moment to figure this out
Good Evening,

The best thing to do is to consult a loan officer, they may have some tips to help increase your credit score. Watson Mortgage: Kelvin Kelly http://www.applywithkelvin.com is a loan officer I send my customers to. Also if you would like I can gladly set up a listing cart for you that will email you properties that are currently on the market. Unfortunately sometimes when searching on Trulia, Zillow, even Realtor.com, the listings you find may be expired, under contract or even sold. If you could just provide me with some criteria you are looking for in your new condo or townhome I can set up the listing cart for you and you will start receiving the most up to date information about homes currently on the market. If you have any questions or would information on any properties please don't hesitate to contact me.

Ryan Ford P.A. Realtor
Watson Realty Corp
386-243-0511
904-495-4121
http://www.floridafirstcoastrealty.com
ryanford@watsonrealtycorp.com
Hello Kyron,

If you want to know how to bring your score up, best to consult a lender.( I prefer direct lenders)

A lender will be able to review your credit history and scores. Then they will be able to inform you if they have programs you may already qualify for. If you do not qualify for any of their programs at the present time, they can inform you of the steps you need to take to get yourself in position to qualify for a loan.

Congrats on getting MARRIED, and Best of luck securing a new home!!!!!

Kawain Payne, REaltor
Why limit yourself to a condo? The monthly fee's that you pay are wasted in the sense that the same amount of money spent monthly on something that is on "dirt" gives you increased equity position in the property, it also increases your buying power when you spend on the purchased property vice spending it on monthly condo fee's.... How is you credit? Are you a first time homebuyer? There are MANY options out there for you.... shoot me an email and I will be glad to offer insight!!

Thanks and good luck,

Rick Reichard
All Real Estate Options, Inc.
rick@firstcoasthomehunters.com
I would recommend you talk with a lender. They can give you tips on reaching your goals. If you would like assistance in the process give me a call and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Shonda Sauls, REALTOR®
Prudential Network Realty
Cell (904)962-6139
Office (904)260-4300 #327
Fax (904)292-2060
Email shondasauls@Gmail.com
Website http://www.shondasauls.com