Home Buying in Queens>Question Details

Kimberley Mo…, Renter in Brooklyn, NY

I would love some free seminars to be educated on the ins and outs of getting a morgage and buying my first home

Asked by Kimberley Morris, Brooklyn, NY Tue Apr 30, 2013

Answers

13
Good afternoon Kimberley,

I am conducting a Free Homebuyer's Seminar on May 23rd at our offices in Great Neck. Unlike other HomeBuyer Seminars, my Seminar provides an over view of the home buying process without weighing you down with the esoterica that tends to confuse and befuddle. I believe in a dynamic seminar where the overview leads to specific questions from the attendees.

I encourage folks to "pick my brain" and take advantage of my 23 years experience and knowledge.

If you are interested in attending, please contact me at 516-829-2900 extension for details and to RSVP.

I hope to see you there!

Trevor Curran
Mobile: 516-582-9181
Office: 516-829-2900
Fax: 516-829-2944
PowerHouse Solutions, Inc.
1010 Northern Blvd. Suite 234
Great Neck NY 11021
Licensed Mortgage Banker – NYS Dept. of Financial Services
NMLS#3528
I agree with Marco. Contact a Mortgage professional & they will answer any question you may have. Continental Home Loans are very knowledgeable & will get you on the right program.
To answer your question. 2 local lenders Continental Home Loans and Quontic bank host monthly seminars for 1st time home buyers.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 4, 2013
Kimberly there is a world of free information online. FHA and Fannie Mae have loads of information for first time home owners. First you have to figure out which category you fall into. In other words if you or your spouse is a veteran then you qualify for VA financing, therefore you'd go to the VA's website regarding home loans. If you will be obtaining an FHA loan then go to FHA's website. If you plan on purchasing a home which is more than $417K this would be considered a conventional loan and you would go to Fannie Mae's website for information. Also if you are planning on buying a property that is in a rural development of USDA eligible you would obtain USDA financing. As a key note VA & USDA allow 100% financing. I know it is a lot of information, but this is a great place to start. Know your credit scores and how much home you can afford. There are so many online calculators to help you determine your debt to income (DTI) to help you determine how much home you can afford.

Best of Luck;

Christina Solorzano;
CEO & SR Credit Repair Specialist at
Everlasting Credit Repair
Ex-Mortgage Broker of more than 10 years
http://www.everlastingcredit.com

We also have a DIY service.
Kimberley,

The easiest way to learn all of this is to work with an agent who has helped guide someone through the same situation. Ask your friends, relatives, co-workers, etc. if they were themselves first-time home buyers. If they recommend someone, give that person a try. This way you learn while you look, and will be comfortable knowing the agent you are working with actually helped the people who referred him or her.
I'm an Exclusive Buyer Agent in Dallas and I wrote a book called "Buying a Home: Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You". It teaches you how to buy a home without getting ripped off. It's an Amazon best seller! Follow link below.

Try to not only meet with a mortgage broker but also try to attend seminars as well. You can't know too much about buying your first home.
Kimberley, home-buyer seminars equal to what a movie trailer is to the full film. I guarantee you that it's more educational to meet face-to-face with an experienced Loan Officer. That hour or whatever the appointment lasts will give you not just more info on the ins and out of mortgages, but it'll give you detailed info that pertains to your specific situation.

It's always best to meet with the loan Officer and allow him/her to review your credit and all other necessary documents. This is how we get to see exactly what you qualify for, what you can do to improve your credit, and pretty much determine the best route to a good situation when it comes to your mortgage. You'll have an opportunity to take full advantage of the 1-on-1 attention and get all your questions answered.

I'm always available for a lengthily meeting if you're looking for a dependable Loan Officer. We have offices in Brooklyn as well. Good luck!

If my response was helpful, consider clicking BEST ANSWER!

Javier Meneses
Senior Loan Officer
STERLING NATIONAL BANK
310 Crossways Park Drive
Woodbury, NY 11797
jmeneses@snb.com
(516) 606-9648 Cell
(631) 659-2011 Office
(516) 918-5383 Fax
I will be holding a seminar later this month if you would like to attend. You can email me at mfisher@unitednorthern.com for more information and to RSVP.
There are Offices that offer free First Time Home Buyer Seminars that explain the buying process where a mortgage rep is present and answers all questions and also perform pre qualifications.
My office believes in one on one ,Consultations, I offer, with no obligation a one on one consultation with a mortgage rep present to answer your questions and prequalify you
Thank you, Dario Mendiguren
Lic Broker Associate. Remax Team

Javier Meneses
Senior Loan Officer
STERLING NATIONAL BANK
310 Crossways Park Drive
Woodbury, NY 11797
jmeneses@snb.com
(516) 606-9648 Cell
(631) 659-2011 Office
(516) 918-5383 Fax
We currently work with non-profit organizations in NYC that offer free seminars to first time home buyers. They will advise you on grants, income properties, savings programs and more! Please feel free to contact me at rsaa@c21amhomes.com for more details.
Sounds great, would like to get some info.
Flag Tue Apr 30, 2013
As a full service agent I can give you ideas on how to meet your goal.
Please call me at.
Fajardo Delacruz
347 932-0609