Home Buying in San Diego>Question Details

Bradley, Both Buyer and Seller in Coronado, CA

I would like to sell my home and buy a home in a quieter, less touristy part of town. Any suggestions/guidance?

Asked by Bradley, Coronado, CA Sat Aug 24, 2013

Answers

27
I was in Coronado yesterday. Quiet and less touristy???? How about Kensington. Similar homes with a quieter neighborhood while still being within walking distance to a lot of things. Click the link in the web reference below for a list of homes currently for sale in Kensington.

J.R. Thrasher
http://www.SanDiegoRealEstateVeterans.com
619-929-0105
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 25, 2013
hi Bradley,

Less touristy, I really like Rancho Bernardo as I spend a lot of time with my brother and his family there, but as a Chula Vista resident, I have to say that you get the most bang for your buck in East Chula Vista where I am a local expert and have lived since 1996. I'd love to help you sell your home in Coronado, and turn around and buy in the area that you choose.

So many factors to consider: what is important to you? where is your job? what are you looking for in your new home?

Hector R. Gastelum
Realty Executives Dillon
REALTOR #01382940
2240 Otay Lakes Rd.
Chula Vista, Ca 91915
hectorgastelum@yahoo.com
619-954-2225
efax 619-270-2516
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 24, 2013
As I am sure you know, San Diego has so many wonderful neighborhoods! Each neighborhood offers a different lifestyle. Did you buy in Coronado for the beach atmosphere? What do you like to do? Also your needs and budget will drive your search. I know San Diego neighborhoods inside and out, I would be happy to help you find the neighborhood and match for you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 24, 2013
I would suggest moving inland a bit. Feel free to give me a call, I can help you with both. Joan Wilson, Pacific Sotheby's International Realty. 760-757-3468
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 24, 2013
Greetings Bradley,

I know how summer seems to bring in our tourists. In order to best answer your question, I need some additional information. Do you currently live on a major street or across from the beach? Do you wish to be near or on the water? Is your current home near a major Hotel or condo/apartment complex? Lastly is this your primary residence or do you rent it part time? Knowing the answers to these question will better assist me in giving you directions.
Julianne Pulido

(619) 942-2712

Pacifica Properties

CA BRE #01891099

VA PRO-Don't let you VA Loan go to waste!
Are you in WA, wanting to move there or are you looking for something in San Diego. I'm puzzled by the comment below>
We have several neighborhoods in Moses Lake that would offer a quiet, less touristy feel. They would definitely give you that "small town living" feeling. There would be no through traffic and a nice blend of older neighbors who's children have left home to others with growing families. Please call Dune Lake Properties (509) 766 6700 for more information.
Hi Bradley,

When you ask a question like this, I hope you knew you would get MANY solicitations to sell your home and find you a new one. Let us know if we can provide any information that would assist you in your endeavors.

Best of luck to you,

Mark & Kari Shea
Shea Real Estate
National Association of Realtors
CA DRE License 01713506
Looks like you got some really helpful answers below. Let me know if you need a purchase loan for a property because I can certainly help you out there. You can call me at 408-352-5147 or email me at AGreer@themortgageoutlet.com. You can check us out at http://www.TheMortgageOutlet.com. I will look at your situation and present you with some options.

Alex Greer
So much of this depends upon your desire/comfort to be in or close to community facilities like shopping, schools, night life. drive times, Summer heat, walkability, airplane and traffic noise as well as property density. Obviously moving out to the boonies will work but that may very well not work for your other preferences.

I know that whenever my wife and I have moved we spend a lot of time driving different neighborhoods and sectors of a city or suburb. Lot's of times it is fun and informative just to stop at a park or some more urban space and simply ask people you meet if they live around there and what they like and don't like. Sometimes picking up neighborhood newspapers provide clues that might not be quite so obvious about an area. Since you already live in San Diego you surely have lots of thoughts for areas that could work.

There are just so many variables that obviously no one can really provide any valid suggestions until you are able to identify your personal criteria and preferences.

I have found in the many places i have lived that scouting around and learning about specific areas generally provides the best guidance to selecting a neighborhood.

A lot of people may wonder why you may want to leave such a resort like place like Coronado that is almost too picture perfect. I think I may understand having lived in several resort communities in the past.

This can be a fun adventure for you Bradley--- Cheers! Dan Dennison
Bradley, you've received a lot of very good information and knowledge. It would be nice to hear some feedback from you. Surely some of these very astute observations should resonate somewhat with you.
After you do a little research and go through all the information below, I would love to interview to be your realtor. Also, if you are interested, you can email me your address and I can put together a cma for your home. Have a nice weekend!

Brian Aarestad
858-525-3262
Baarestad@pcrcc.com
Happy Saturday Bradley,

The location should match your lifestyle. San Diego will offer you many options to satisfy your needs, so factoring in your personal interests will help find the perfect match.

If you are over 65, you should definitely look into Prop 60, as this could save you some money should you decide to relocate.

Another thing to consider, based on your financial position, your long term goals, is the possibility of renting your exiting home out. If it's in a prime location, and you don't have a high mortgage payment, it could be quite a lucrative investment opportunity you have.

If you'd like to explore *all* your options, to ensure you choose what's most right for you, I'd be happy to meet in person over some coffee to discuss. Just reach out and let me know.

Royce Kemp
Premiere Properties
858-480-5570
Web Reference: http://www.roycekemp.com
San Diego has a wide variety of neighborhoods. What are some of your interest and do you want to stay coastal? There's a lot that goes into selecting a neighborhood and it's best to have a one on one call or meeting to discuss what you are looking for in a neighborhood. La Mesa, Scripps Ranch, Santa Luz, San Elijo, Carlsbad theres way to many to discuss without more specifics. As a native San Diegan I'd be happy to discuss. Carmen 619-218-7390 also search San Diego areas with sdrealestateconnection.com
Making a suggestion for specific areas of town is best done directly with your buyer's agent. My recommendations would vary depending upon your price range, age, lifestyle, residential style preferencesa and so on.

I would love to speak with you directly - Good look with your move!
Good Morning Bradley, My suggestion is for you to contact me to provide professional representation. I have over 40 years experience representing local, national and international sellers, buyers and investors. No pressure. Not a large competitive firm. Not no. 1 except to my clientele. I am a Designated Broker in multiple states with an educated, skilled strong negotiator, respected team player, hard-working result-driven reliable local agent, creative honest problem solver, knowledgeable with high integrity business woman practicing real estate here in SO CA.
I would enjoy guiding you through your next journey. working together to market, list, sell your home in Coronado for top dollar while helping you in purchasing another home in a peaceful part of town that strikes your soul. I will gladly send you active, current, relevant residential inventory based upon your exact criteria in most desirable areas that offer a more serene lifestyle. Let me know when it's best for us to chat at maureen@landangel.com or 760 622 6855. Let's make home happen!!
Web Reference: http://www.coastal.biz
Bradley, There're lots of options available for you and more dialogue with you will a long way to successfully solve your request. Get in touch with a local Realtor and have a good chat...
Hi Bradley,

Please contact me and we can discuss your options. Our team of Realtors is in the top .5% of all Realtors in Southern California. I am thinking you would like Rancho Santa Fe. Many people from Coronado choose Rancho Santa Fe for the privacy and peacefulness that you don't find in Coronado. We can get you the best price for your home! But of course, we should discuss all your options.
Debbie Bulkeley - Prudential - Home Services of America, A Berkshire Hathaway Company
The Katie Hawkes Group
858-243-6717
dbulkeley@prusd.com
DebbieBRealty.com
Hi Bradley,
How do you feel about Bonita, Mt Helix, or San Carlos?
All are higher end areas that lack the tourist traffic.
Let me know what your ideal timelines are?
Best Wishes,
Steve Seper, Broker / Owner
CA Lic #01730524
steve@balboaparkrealty.com
I would suggest Rancho Santa Fe. Or Fairbanks Ranch. I help pay your closing costs.
Hi Bradley,
Coronado is a wonderful area and we have always enjoyed visiting there. We live in north county and there are areas here that are quiet and peaceful which we are familiar with. Of course, there is always Ramona depending on your preferences. We would be happy to discuss several alternatives with you in our office on Sabre Springs Parkway near the intersection of I-15 and 56. Let us know what works best for you.

Richard Joy
The Joys of Real Estate
Broker and Operating Partner, DRE #01468389
13400 Sabre Springs Parkway, Suite 100
San Diego, CA 92128
858-472-3887
Bradley, You will get lots of suggestions from many Realtors, but your comment and question requires a face-to-face discussion of your needs, requirements, timeframe, and affordability. I would love to talk to you and set up a meeting so we can focus in on what's important for you.

Please call me at your earliest convenience and we can set up a time.

All the best regards,

Jeannie Thompson
Coldwell Banker, La Jolla
930 Prospect St.
La Jolla, CA 92037
(858) 395 7727
BRE# 01021435
http://www.TheRealEstateCat.com
jeannie@jeanniethompson.com
You definitely need to work with a Realtor that knows the area well and maybe has available listings the area. Inventory is low!
There are so many quiet neighborhoods that are comprable to the same lifestyle as living in Coronado..without all the hustle n bustle...please give me a call so we can discuss your preferences..i am allways available..

Jim Carpenter
619-632-3447
jim.myrealtor4life@gmail.com

Point Loma? Same micro climate as Coronado, beautiful hills, lively views, quaint homes out of the flight path and very private niches. I was born and raised there so I know it very well. Bianca Romani, CA BRE # 01376802 bRomani@ColdwellBanker.com
Bradley,
Trulia is Great... But if you truly looking to moving choose a couple of Realtors to sit down with and actually interview each of them finding out there knowledge of your area and San Diego County as a whole.
Have a Great Weekend,

Calvin L. Goad II, GRI, CDPE, CIAS, CFS, E-Pro, Hall of Fame
RE/MAX Associates
Broker Associate
858-485-6988 Direct
858-485-1888 Fax

E-Mail: remaxgoad@aol.com

DRE# 00519931
NMLS# 326988

CDPE CERTIFIED DISTRESSED PROPERTY EXPERT
Solving the foreclosure crisis one homeowner at a time"

Over 2800 Closed Escrows, Since June 1975...

"Today is the First Day & Last Day of the Rest of Your Life"
God gave you today... What will you do with it?

He who finds diamonds must grapple in mud and mire because diamonds are not found in polished stones. They are made.
It would be really nice if your needs and budget details are given. There are lot of quieter places and amazing neighborhood as answers by Hector and Emily.

You can always search for more options.
Visit some listings online for buying, and contact brokers to sell your house.

Feel free to contact for if interested in a deal.

Sandra Johnson
Orange Sky Realty
7150 E. Camelback # 444,
Scottsdale AZ
85251
sandra@orangeskyrealty.com
480 704-3012