Home Buying in Greensboro>Question Details

Linda, Home Buyer in Pantego, NC

I would like to purchase a vacation home in the NC mountains. Is it difficult to get a mortgage for a second home?

Asked by Linda, Pantego, NC Tue Mar 26, 2013

Answers

2
Mortgages for 2nd homes are more readily available than they were two years ago. The mortgage companies are going to probably require a greater down payment than they did before the financial crisis. The market in the secondary home market is such that there are really good buys out there. The real estate market in the NC mountains still remains quite soft which means that there should be some very attractive buys. With my leadership roles in the real estate profession in NC, I would be glad to suggest an agent for you in the mountains. I invite you to contact me on my cell phone at
336-338-6012.
We are located in Waynesville/Maggie Valley which is a great place to buy a vacation home. And depending on your credit history, getting a loan should be no problem. We have several lenders that we work with.

Check out our website to see all of the homes currently on the market. We would be happy to work with you in getting your loan and finding a wonderful vacation home here in the Smokies!

Shirley Kelley
Daphne George
828-400-6295
shirleykelley@kw.com