Home Buying in Houston>Question Details

ddil911, Both Buyer and Seller in Houston, TX

I would like to obtain a list of tax lien homes in Houston

Asked by ddil911, Houston, TX Thu Mar 21, 2013

Answers

5
You will need to contact the tax collector's office for information on what homes will go up for auction, and when. I trust that you realize they're conducted on a cash basis ... you'll need to submit a certified check in order to bid. If the sale price exceeds the amount of your deposit, you'll have 30 days to remit the balance.

The homes are sold "as-is, where-is," with no opportunity to view or inspect the property until you own it. There's always the possibility that it will need considerable work beyond cosmetic improvements ... foundation, under-slab plumbing, roof, etc. All that is on the buyer ... it's yours as it sits.

Your competition will be experienced investors, who know of the pitfalls and have the wherewithal to handle the necessary repairs and improvements. You need to determine whether you have that kind of money, and are willing to take the risk.

The figure quoted will likely be the opening bid ... expect the home to sell for considerably more. These "courthouse steps" auctions are obviously not for the inexperienced or faint of heart. If you're looking for a home, your best bet is to work with a Realtor, who will find the ones that work best for you, as well as protect your interests throughout the transaction ... all at no cost to you as a buyer.

Of course, everyone wants that once-in-a-lifetime bargain ... but In this climate of a thriving market and depleted inventories, nobody's giving away houses, at auction or elsewhere. If I can be of further assistance, please get in touch. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards ...

Al Geffon
(713) 213-6350
al@geffon.net
Web Reference: http://www.har.com/algeffon
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 22, 2013
Harris County has a list every month on the attorney’s website. Remember you have to have the full amount in cash or cashier’s check the day of the auction. If you are the winner there is no time to go to the bank. You pay as you win
Why just homes with tax liens? You might consider all distressed properties like short sales and bank foreclosures.

We have the ability to search for those on our MLS systems. Let us know if we can assist you.

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty, Inc.
Check out my website. There is a tab that directs you to foreclosure homes. Feel free to call me with any questions.

Hudzone.com

Enrique "Rick" Trevino
Realtor / Marketing Coach
Certified Home Marketing Specialist
Prudential Anderson Properties
13315 Wallisville Rd.
Houston, TX. 77049
281-787-5153 Cell
rick@hudzone.com
Refer your question to county tax office

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com 100's of Dallas homes listed for sale or lease

Follow me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas