Nancy, Home Buyer in New York, NY

I would like to move from Manhattan to Ironbound - I am looking for a loft in an old building. I see them, I

Asked by Nancy, New York, NY Sat Aug 9, 2008

see them for rent, but I do not see any for sale? Any advice how to buy an artist loft in Ironbound? Thanks

Answers

13
I don't think that loft-type housing has been developed as condominium/co-op space in Newark. If it has, it's only a few units. You might have to rent if you are set on that type of space.

-Marc
Web Reference: http://www.marcpaolella.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 10, 2008
Call any Real Estate company, tell them what you are looking for, Realtor's network with each other, I read up on Ironbound there are not too many places available, they too have a slow down in the market, nows the time to buy, but with a Realtor you have someone looking out for you and when something gets listed you will know, or take a look around yourself and talk to a few people. As a buyer you do not have to pay the Realtor. Good Luck in your search.
Web Reference: http://www.diannedibley.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 9, 2008
I'm planning to buy a Condo just waiting for the offer to be accepted by the bank because is a SHORT SALE.. my realtor recommended me a Real Estate Lawyer that said he will charge me 1250 dollars.... is the amount appropiate or he is charging me too much.. Should I get a new Lawyer please advice me or recommend me one located by the Ironbound Newark NJ..
Please visit http://www.eleven80rentals.com.
Eleven80 is Newark's only full service luxury building with 5 star amenities
call 973 824-1180
Amenities:
8000 sf State of the art fitness center
Full service Spa (exclusive to residents!)
Stately billiard room with pool table, game table and wet bar
24/7 attended lobby
4 lane bowlilng alley
Some homes have huge wrap around terraces.
Free Shuttle
The building is an architectual gem!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 25, 2009
HI, our unit is still available, just in case you are still looking. my email is berlinda.pena@lw.com
The Chocolate Factory was one of the First Loft/Condo buildings in Newark's Ironbound Section. I was there when they were doing the primary and secondary work. Wide wood plank floors, raw beamed ceilings, small patio on the inside and parking space available both close by, and at the building. The Chocolate Factory has a block and half walk to Newark's Penn Station with easy access to NYC, or anywhere by Rail and bus. AND.. it's only a block from Ferry Street where you have lots of local shopping and banking. I knew some of the owners in the beginning, and many had modified the space for family, or artist use.
UPDATE: Hi, I currently reside in Ironbound within the chocolate factory building. We own a one bedroom loft style apartment two levels; 1 and a half bath. CONDO is on the market. Please contact me if you are interested. email: berlindaroman@hotmail.com
I agree with many of the earlier answers. I was born and raised in the Ironbound and there are few artists loft style buildings, but there are some great multi-family and condos in the area. The ironbound section is known for it's laid back walking community, easy access to highways and NYC transportation and .. well.. FOOD. The agency I am associated with has been in the area since 1976 and has quite a good inventory of homes. Many of them are on the GSMLS, if you are represented by an agent already. If you aren't and you wish to talk real estate, give me a call,
Good luck and thank you for the question
Manuel Couto
Rosa Agency
201-997-7860x16
Your best bet is to establish a relationship with an agent who works the area. There are at least three different MLS services that include Newark properties. However, your best results will be with an agent who uses GSMLS. Most who use the others also use GSMLS, but some do not. If they are not listed, then what we have often done is identified likely candidates and called the owners directly.
Web Reference: http://www.leondevose.com
The most ideal place to live is Eleven80. http://www.eleven80rentals.com. Full service luxury building in the heart of downtown. Amenities are amazing!
Hi, I currently reside in Ironbound within the chocolate factory building. We own a one bedroom loft style apartment two levels; 1 and a half bath. We are looking to sell this summer. my email berlindaroman@hotmail.com if you are interested.
Hi Nancy,

As a local Newark Realtor I can tell you that loft-style units have been in great demand within the last couple of years. Especially in the Downtown, Ironbound and Montclair area. I'm guessing you want to keep the commute simple and prefer to be near a rail line. If this is the case I can tell you about other towns that make commuting easy as well. I would be thrilled to investigate a bit further for you through my network of developers and city officials about the Ironbound properties. Please feel free to call or email me directly. You will find all my information on my profile. Have a great day!

~Ivonne Velasquez
Realtor/ Marketing Specialist
Jordan Baris Realtors, Inc.
Hi Nancy,

Im afraid I have no answer to your question, but am very interested in what you found out regarding lofts for rent in the Ironbound. Im looking to move as quickly as possible.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Thanks. Tomas