schli, Home Buyer in Aurora, CO

I would like to know if I should go through Heather Gardens to buy a home or go through a Real Estate Agent. I live in Texas, planning on visiting you

Asked by schli, Aurora, CO Sat Sep 8, 2012

in a few weeks. Looking for a 2 bedroom 2 bath, preferably a garage. I am a widower and planning on moving to your area. Thank you. Martha Schlichter

Answers

8
It is almost always better to have an agent represent you in a transaction for a home. It gives you a spokesperson that is knowledgable of the Real Estate Laws of the State and will work for your best interests in the transaction.

Ron Nordin, GRI

Absolute Real Estate Services
930 Jersey St
Denver, CO 80220
ronnordinrealtor@gmail.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012
Schli,

Be sure and use a Buyer's Agent so you will have someone looking out for your interests and not their own. the homes being sold at Heather Gardens are normally sold through Realtors and the MLS. If there is a For Sale By Owner, you need your own agent even more. The best thing is that in most cases it won't cost you anything and you get all the benefits of years of experience by your agent. Contact me if you need some assistance in relocating to the Denver area. All the best.

Robert McGuire ASR
Broker/Consultant
Your Castle Real Estate
Direct - 303-669-1246
http://about.me/robertmcguire33
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
I've worked in that area. Give me a call.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
Martha,
Heather Gardens does not have new properties for sale so technically you cannot go through Heather Gardens to buy a property. You could potentially go through the listing agent but as many stated below it is in your best interest to have someone working for you. I have bought and sold properties for clients in Heather Gardens and would be happy to represent you. There are over 2300 units in Heather Gardens. There are many units that have a garage but it is not attached to the unit. These are all things that I would be happy to help you with. Please feel free to call me at 303-929-3555.

Rebecca Hite
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
All below answers are correct. Use a Realtor that is looking out for your best interest. It is no cost to you. Builders are about the bottom line and build their contracts around that.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
A Realtor works for you, so they negotiate the best deal possible with your best interest in mind. As a buyer you get the benefit of a professional at no cost to you. That's the best of both worlds.

Michael Huffman - Realtor
Cherry Creek Properties
Email: Mhuffman@cherrycreekpropertiesllc.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
When you have your own agent, you have a professional working for you. The best thing about it is that you don't have to pay for it, the seller does.
If you don't have an agent yet, please call me at 303.356.1693 and I'll be happy to help you.
Thank you
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
I think it's best to use a Realtor as a Buyer's Agent. A builder just wants to sell you a house, and isn't necessarily looking our for your best interests. In fact, I'm currently working with several out of state buyers in the purchase of new homes. I negotiated and reviewed the contract with them, I have attended the inspection, appraisal, and final walk through on their behalf, and next week I'll be reviewing all the closing docs for them too. And I've been keeping them posted on all of the little details along the way. I'm happy to assist you too!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012