Home Buying in Wilmington>Question Details

Spresinger, Home Seller in Wilmington, DE

I would like to know how much I could get for selling my house

Asked by Spresinger, Wilmington, DE Tue Dec 28, 2010

The house is in DE at 19808 and has not been upgraded very much but has had a single famoly since being built in 1956 by my dad.

Answers

10
I would like to help you come up with a fair market evaluation of your home and a marketing plan to get your home sold. Call or email and we will make an appointment to meet and go over the detail of marketing your home for sale.
Thank you for your time and consideration
Barbara Winnington (bwinnington@cbpref.com 302 545 4999)
Hello, I would recommend as the previous agents have, that you have a market analysis completed on your dads home. I've lived in 19808 my whole life and am very familiar with our market. I am available today or tomorrow if you would like my opinion on where you should price the home to sell in todays market. The best way to reach me is at 302-489-9662
Feel free to call and I will help you with this Spresinger. No obligation, no pressure just a straight answer.

Larry Hultberg

302-530-9186
Web Reference: http://www.taketheexit.com
Virtual answer not to your benefit many more factors come into play to determine value of your home.

Your listing agent can provide you guidance

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
Hi to Spresinger. I think that it would be wise for you to in fact have more than one realtor come over and make an assessment of your home and advise you what to market it for. We research what other homes similar to yours recently sold for and then we determine what would be a proper price for the home. My office is in Pike Creek and I would be happy to come over and give you a market analysis. Feel free to contact me.

Jill Callahan
Coldwell Banker Preferred
302-352-2436 Office
610-470-4945 Cell
Hello Spresinger,
Sounds like you got some great advice already. Sometimes using websites to value a home can be deceiving and inaccurate. The best way to determine what your home would sell for is to speak with a trained professional in the business that does this sort of thing day in and day out. I highly recommend interviewing with 2-3 Realtors from the area to determine how much your home would sell for. It is more of an art than a science and there are many factors that come into play. I live in that area and am very familiar with what homes are selling for as well as the market conditions. I am happy to help in any way that I can. By the way, there is no charge for this service, feel free to call me at 302-383-5412.
Hi Spresinger
That is one of the most often heard questions in real estate. There are many variables (location, amenities, condition, etc) involved and you may be best advised to have a professional opinion prepared. Many Realtors will offer an evaluation (competitive market analysis) without charge to you. An appraisal will cost a couple hundred dollars. Both of these avenues can give you today's value as well as what a fixed up value would be. To get a ball park of what the home is worth today, go to

http://chris.pataki.remax.com/Listings/NeighborhoodValuation…

and input the house information. I hope this helps..............................chris
Web Reference: http://come2de.com
Hi There! My best advise to you would to get a market analysis done. That is a tool that realtors should use to establish market value on your home. What we do is come to your house and do a walk through, check out the upgrades (or lack of upgrades), condition, location. Then we would research homes in your area that are active (your competition), and solds (your meat and potatoes of this process) We also look at expired and withdrawns on the market to see if there is an indication of things (why they didn't sell). What we are looking for are homes that are similar to your house It starts in the neighborhood then goes 1 mile out, 3 miles out if we need to go out further than the 1st 2 areas. 19808 covers a lot of territory. Your other option would be to have an appraisal done. There is a fee for that service and done by a licensed appraiser. Make sure you tell him it is for resale purposes. It could make a difference. I am from that area (19808) and would be happy to talk further to you about this. And to do a market analysis for you. There is no charge for this service. If this is something you are interested in, give me a shout. You can call me at 302-684-5904 or email me at carol.thedanielsteam@gmail.com Hope this helps.
A great way to establish a value on your home is to have a competitive market analysis done on your property. My name is Leslie Anderson, I am a local realtor who specializes in this area. I would be happy to come out and take a look at the property and do a competitive market analysis on your home to help assist you in pricing your home. You can reach me at 610-283-2708. I look forward to hearing from you.
Spresinger,
Talk to some local agents who are selling homes in your area. We regularly provide Comparative Market analysis for potential clients to give them some ideas about what their home is worth. Don't go with the highest CMA though. Some agents specialize in getting listings, others specialize in selling them. Too high in the current environment will result in a lower selling price.
You can also get a rough idea on sites like Zillow.com or eappraisal.com. These sites are not reliable enough to make decisions on, but they can give you some idea where to start. Best of luck.