Heis, Home Buyer in Buckeye North, Buckeye...

I would like to buy 2 investment properties (rent) in Round Rock, TX Could you tell me wich areas are more demanding to rent ?

Asked by Heis, Buckeye North, Buckeye, AZ Mon Sep 3, 2012

Answers

7
It depends on your investment criteria. In Round Rock, east of 35 would generally be your best bet. I would recommend working with a realtor who has experience with investors and investment properties. I am an investor myself, help other investors find suitable properties, and even manage properties for my clients. I would be glad to help you.

Salman Ashraf
M.E. Gene Johnson Realtors, Inc.
512-814-6570
salman@ashrockrealty.com
Looking forward to talking soon. Thanks.
Flag Mon Sep 3, 2012
Thank you Salman,
I will call you soon. I have a lot of questions. Thank you very much
Heidi
Flag Mon Sep 3, 2012
Another opportunity to consider... Are you familiar with Fannie Mae "HomePath" properties? Fannie Mae sells it's foreclosures (by online auction) directly to the public from thier HomePath website. You can highlight the area you interested in purchasing, to find homes that are for sale.

If the property is elgible for HomePath financing, you can purchase the home as investment property with 10% down and MORTGAGE INSURANCE IS NOT REQUIRED.

Please feel to reach ou to me, if you have questions regarding the finacning. I work for a HomePath lender.

Good luck with your search!

E. Lee
512-948-6550
Web Reference: http://www.homepath.com/
In Round Rock, personally I would invest in Teravista. I am a resident realtor there. It is a golf course community, and demands a high price for it lease, however, the properties do not last long on the market. Please contact me if you would like information on any of the properties that Round Rock has to offer.
All my Best.
Deb Meyer
512-791-8467
Agent- Keller Williams Realty
debmeyerrealestate.com
Follow the good schools: http://www.greatschools.org. However, there is a trade-off. If you buy in the neighborhoods served by the very best schools, you will get higher rents, but you will also pay more for the home. If you buy in the lesser ranked Round Rock schools, you will pay less for the home but generally receive a lower rent. I believe that the ROI is about the same in both scenarios. All Round Rock schools are good, but some are rated higher than others.

Almost anything in Round Rock will rent well but your best ROI is preferably a single story home, built after 1990, with 3 or 4 bedrooms and typically not more than 2200 square feet.

ROCK Properties manages many homes in the Round Rock area most of which we sold to their very satisfied owners. Don't hesitate to contact us if we can assist you with sales and/or property management.

ROCK Properties - REALTORS®
3010 E Old Settlers Blvd
Round Rock, TX 78665
Ph: (512) 850-4510
Fax: (512) 366-9621
http://www.RockProperties.com
Hi Heis, You have selected a great city in which to invest. There are several factors that should be considered. Return on investment is determined by how long the property stays on the lease market, how long the tenant stays in the unit, and how much you pay for the property compared to how much you are able to rent it for. In Round Rock there are many areas with rental properties. As of today, there are 93 on the east side of IH35. 106 leased in July and 88 in August so the probablity of finding a renter in a short period of time is good. Of the 88 leases in August only 13 were duplex or condo so appears free standing houses are a better investment. Selecting one in a strong school system is one way to decide what area to search. Fukes Middle School appears to be a strong area although not the best middle school. The rents range from $775-$3500. Sq footage and location have a lot to do with rental price. Employment opportunities at local large employers, located on the east side of IH35 and in north and central Austin are a factor. Forest Creek subdivision has fewer homes for lease investment $163,000-lease $1595 average stay 2 years. Rolling Ridge subdivision investment $139,000-lease $1500 average stay 2 years. Settlers subdivision investment $110,000-lease $1450 average stay 1 year. Taking all into consideration you need a local Realtor to investigage and advise. Good Luck with your venture. Donna Watson, GRI
Heis,

That would depend on a few factors. What are you looking to spend, what type of investment property (house, duplex, fourplex, apartments), are you looking for short-term ROI or long-term, how liquid do you need your investment to be, etc. Will you be looking for property managers or will you have somebody in the area who will be handling that? I would love to give you a simple answer but it isn't that simple. If you want to discuss feel free to email, text,or call me.

Raymond Husser,
JBGoodwin Realtors
512-818-6803
Raymond-Husser@jbgoodwin.com
t depends on the price range and some other variables that should be considered. Please feel free to call me tomorrow and I will be glad to discuss with you.