Home Buying in Levittown>Question Details

Laurka0606, Home Buyer in 08648

I would like to buy house in thornridge, do they have gas /propan? because I heard that they have only electric an oil. No gas ?

Asked by Laurka0606, 08648 Mon Jan 7, 2013

Answers

5
Mos of the houses are oil. This is something you can always do down the line. I know of a few people who have converted from oil to electric with propane back-up. If you are interested in purchasing a home in Thornridge, please give me a call at 267.879.8562. My name is Holly Davis and I am with Weichert Realtors. I can also be reached by email at hollydavis247re@aol.com
That is correct, all levittown houses have oil heat unless they were converted to electric or heat pump, however in Fairless Hills they do have gas. there are 1 story ranch type homes in Fairess Hills, same area,same school district and same prices as Thornridge. Please call me and I can explain further.
Thanks, John
267-968-8320
I just sold a home in Thornridge, scheduled to settle in February 2013. This home, and others we saw in Levittown, were originally built featuring oil heat. The interesting thing is that some homeowners are now making changes and upgrades by adding central air, heat pumps, and electric baseboard heating. The only time I saw propane used was in a cylinder placed outside the home, piped into the house for cooking. Is there a special reason that you prefer propane? Let me know!
Levittown homes were built with oil heat and hot water. Some homeowners have switched over to electric. There is no gas in Levittown, however, you can use propane if you prefer gas for heating and cooking.
this is not true at all. I rent a house in Violetwood (Levittown) that was converted to forced air natural gas heat and I just bought a house in Indian Creek that has baseboard natural gas heat and hot water. When we were looking to buy, they were rare but there are houses with gas...they are out there.
Flag Fri Mar 22, 2013
Almost all of the homes have oil or electric, this is correct... However, you could always call PECO and find out if they can run gas lines to a specific property and if so how much they would charge to do so. Sometimes they are able to if gas lines are nearby and you get a few neighbors who all wish to convert, worth a shot!

If you would like to view any homes in Levittown, please let me know as I would love to work with you. You can also set up a daily listing alert on my website, http://www.kimberlyrock.com
Web Reference: http://www.kimberlyrock.com