Home Buying in Henderson>Question Details

df1328, Home Buyer in Las Vegas, NV

I would like to buy a townhouse for cash at the Inspiration Complex in Green Valley Ranch. Currently, there are no listings.

Asked by df1328, Las Vegas, NV Sun Sep 9, 2012

Are there any agents willing to solicit the owners and advising them of the tax advantages of short-selling before the year ends?

Answers

5
Im sorry...I meant to type Inspiration. I am working on a potential short sale right now. If you are an interested buyer...please let me know.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012
I am working with an owner in Inspirada with a possible short sale. Please contact me if you have interest.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012
1) Make backup offers on all the current listings so you have an offer in place rather than waiting for one to fall through. Not all sellers will take a backup offer so this might or might not be productive. 2) And either you or your real estate agent could do a direct mail piece to all the owners to see if anyone is interested in selling.

For a real estate agent to solicit business by talking tax advantages would face some sort of disciplinary action unless that person was also an accountant.

Also, the house recently passed legislation with a provision to extend the exemption on mortgage relief; whether it passes the Senate is anyone's guess but there are too many unknowns, in my opinion, to ethically use the tax advantage angle to induce someone to sell.

I would go with number 2 above if you are motivated. Good luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012
True, there are 8 listed but all under contract. Unfortunately at this part of the year there is no way to have a newly initiated short sale close by year end, so that angle will not work. Your best bet is to watch for the new listings and at the same time wait for one of these listed to fall through, which is common with short sales.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012
True, there are 8 listed but all are currently under contract. Unfortunately at this point in the year a newly initiated short sale will not close by year's end, so that angle will not work. The best bet is to jump on the new listing as it hits the market and at the same time wait until one of these under contract falls through, which is a high percentage of short sales under contract.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012