Home Buying in Fort Myers>Question Details

Kathleen Per…, Other/Just Looking in Florida Center North,...

I would like to buy a home, but my credit is not the best, but I need to get started about buying my home. Katyp

Asked by Kathleen Perry, Florida Center North, Orlando, FL Sun Jul 1, 2012

Answers

11
Let me put you in touch with our in-house Credit Repair Team here at Marlin Internarional Realty. We can quickly evaluate your credit status and develop a plan to improve your purchasing power.
Just email me at mike@marlinir.com. It's a free service.

Mike McBride
Marlin Internarional Realty
239-405-4955
mike@marlinir.com
Kathleen, I am a RE Investor. I may be able to help you explore ways to get you into a home with creative financing. I will need to to email me your information and exactly what and where you are looking for a home.
If interested; kpond90@gmail.com
Either way, I wish you the very best in your endeavor.
Karen
I had a similar sort of problem. Although I had perfect credit for 50 years, I retired outside the USA and came back after 10 years. I wanted to buy a home but every application was denied, NO CREDIT SCORE...due to no recent credit. I finally asked one of institution managers who turned me down what I could do.....she suggested I contact NOT A BANK, NOT A BROKER, but a CREDIT UNION. That they have different rules. I did. They helped me build my credit again and within months I qualified for loan.
Katy,I too know Jim and would recommend him. Once you are started on the path of credit restoration, I would be happy to put you in touch with one of my Realtor friends in your area.
Hello Kathleen,

may I recommend contacting a lender who would need to analyze whether you would meet all requirements to qualify for any loan product.

Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience, if I may be of any service to you. If you do not qualify based on your credit score and history, I would be more than happy to guide you in the right direction.

Beate Rodriguez
Lic. Loan Originator
NMLS# 299244

Beate.Rodriguez@HGFLoans.com
Cell: 954.695.4849
First step is to get in touch with a mortgage specialist. We have a couple we can recommend......Let us know if we can be of assistance.

jessemcgreevy@gmail.com
239-898-5329
http://www.Domain-RealtyGroup.com
Your first step should be to sit down with a lender or mortgage broker who can review all of your financial info. If you have a Realtor, he/she can refer you to someone. If not, I'm sure you'll get responses from agents in your area who'd be happy to assist you.

Qualifying for a mortgage involves more than just a good credit score. They will look at your income, debt, employment history, money in savings, etc. You'll need a minimum of 640 credit score. If you don't qualify now, your lender will be able to identify a few things you could do so that you will qualify down the road.

P.S. I would stay away from "seller financing" opportunities. Maybe it's different in FL, but here in CO they rarely work out for the buyer. Plus, it does nothing to improve your credit. You want to figure out why your credit is low, and get that taken care of so you can buy a home the good old fashioned way.
Regardless of your credit, go speak with a mortgage lender and see what they say. There are many loan products out there which might work for 'less than perfect' credit.
If you are in Ft Myers Fl, here is a lender whom I use personally as well as share with my clients.
Jim works weekends. Give him a call or drop him an email.
Jim Marcinkowski
Branch Manager
Inlanta Mortgage
Phone: 239-936-4232
Fax: 239-985-4486
License: 182565
jimmarcinkowski@inlanta.com
http://www.teaminlanta.com

Michele Santucci
Jim Marcinkowski
Branch Manager
Inlanta Mortgage
Phone: 239-936-4232
Fax: 239-985-4486
License: 182565
jimmarcinkowski@inlanta.com
http://www.teaminlanta.com

Michele Santucci
there are many opportunities for seller financing. find a good realtor and have him/her show you what is available with your criteria.
Short of any advice you receive here....speak with a local mortgage lender who can pull your credit, take an application, look at income, look at debt ratios, and tell you the facts of how bad or good your credit really is and where you need to be to buy. It won't cost you a penny to apply and get the facts. Good Luck!