Esmihan almo…, Home Buyer in Sunset Park, Brooklyn,...

I would like to buy a condo asap. 2 bdr and 2 bath. I want to take advantage of tax break. our price range is 450,000. Transportation and good middle

Asked by Esmihan almontaser, Sunset Park, Brooklyn, NY Tue Apr 6, 2010

schools are a plus, SAFETY is a MUST. In Bklyn and queens. I am so busy to look but reachable by email.

Answers

11
Hi Esmihan,

We can't determine what your criteria is for a good school, I think that has to be a personal choice. Only you know what is best for your children.

I see that you currently live in Sunset Park. You entered this post a week ago, hopefully you had enough time to research schools and neighborhoods. It's a big differnce deciding between Queens and Brooklyn. School is of great importance to you, but how about other factors. Travel time to and from work, family, etc...I'm sure that all of that has been taken into consideration.

By law we are not allowed to discuss neighborhood safety, you can call a local precinct and ask for their crime stats. You probably have a good idea of which areas in Brooklyn you can see yourself living.

Starting tomorrow, you have exactly 18 days to find your next home and to have a signed contract if you want to take advantage of the tax credit. Contract has to be signed by April 30th and you need to close by July 30th.

I'm going to assume that you already pre-qualified yourself with a bank or a mortgage broker. If not you absolutely have to before looking at a single property. When you find your apartment, it's no longer enough to be qualified yourself, we now have to qualify the building to make sure you can find financing for it. If you are looking at New Developments some buildings need to be 50-70% sold and closed in order for a lender to finance a loan.

I'll be happy to help you your search. If for any reason I am not able to find you any inventory, I have two great brokers I refer business to who work for different Brooklyn firms and also Queens.

Kind Regards,
Time is working against you right now. You say you are so busy but you'll need to make some time for a purchase. Now is not the time to fiddle around because you need to have a fully executed contract of sale on or before April 30th and be prepared to close on or before June 30th or you can kiss the Federal tax credit goodbye.

No Agent/Broker will discuss safety, they will give you sites to view crime stats and tell you to walk around the neighborhood at various times of the day and night to get a feel for an area. Licensed professionals are not allowed to talk about what they think is a "safe" neighborhood as it may constitute discrimination and a possible attempt at steering.

Get yourself a broker, do what they tell you (like get pre-approved for a loan) and make yourself available to go out and view. Good Luck.
If you are really in a hurry and want to take advantage of the tax credit, you need to be very focused on the areas that are important to you.
Points to consider
1. What kind of neighborhood do you want to live in.
Ex. Difference between Park Slope and Williamsburgh
2.How important is transportation to you.
Ex. Walking distance to subways or in a 2 fare zone. Also near Highways or inner Brooklyn communities
3. Proximity to shopping- Corner stores, supermarkets, restaurants, child oriented or adult oriented
4. Condo type, Low Rise, Hi-Rise or townhouse.
Right now there are so many types of condo's, you have to seriously consider your preferences.
After you pinpoint theses preferences, a good realtor can do the search and send you properties to review and take you to the ones you have a real interest in.
I hope this helped you
Barbara Haynes
Linkedin.com/in/Justcallbarbara
I need more information although I believe I can find a great condo for you call me with the detail of what you are looking for, or email me at charles@brooklynrealestatesales.com. Check out the link below for information on purchasing a Condo
Esmihan,
I've got some great condos, in your price range located in Brooklyn.
If you can come down my Open House on Sunday, that would be great.
Otherwise, you can schedule a showing for another time.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Janine Acquafredda
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Weichert, Realtors - The Franzese Group
(917) 584-7685
jacquafredda@weichert.com
We just remembered an excellent site you should visit to get ratings on schools. It is http://www.greatschools.org. In the box on the right at the top of the page, you don't need to put in the city. Take the short cut...Just enter the zip code in the box and it will pull up pages with reviews for both public and private schools in the neighborhood for that zip. The zip code for Park Slope is 11215. Windsor Terrace is 11218 and 11215. For Kensington the zip code is 11218.

Hope this helps.

Bonnie Chernin & David Rogoff
E-mail: david@BestHomesInBrooklyn.com
Cellular: 917-593-4068
Hi Esmihan,

If you are seeking a condo rather than a co-op and if you are looking in the 11215 zip code, that is Park Slope (not Bensonhurst) and it would be difficult to find something in that price range with 2 BR and 2 Baths. A co-op would be much more realistic in your price range because Park Slope can be pricey and properties do not come up that often.

There are other neighborhoods that we are thinking would be excellent for you to consider, such as Windsor Terrace or Kensington. These areas are very close to Manhattan via subway and express bus, and Kensington is especially ideal. Along Ocean Parkway there are condos in the lower address numbers that fall within your price range. The area is beautiful, too, and Ocean Parkway is great for walking and going on the bike path!

David and I are lifelong Brooklyn residents and full time professional Realtors working primarily in Brooklyn. There are many co-op and condo listings we can show you, and we can send you a list.

Please call us at 917-593-4068 and leave your phone number and/or e-mail address, or e-mail us at david@BestHomesInBrooklyn.com and we will be happy to help you. You must act quickly as you would need to be in contract by April 30 to take advantage of the tax break. Let us know when you are available see some units.

Hope to hear from you, and good luck in your search.

Bonnie Chernin & David Rogoff
Coldwell Banker Mid Plaza Real Estate
Cellular: 917-593-4068
E-mail: david@BestHomesInBrooklyn.com
check this out: http://michaelafanasyev.com/silver_listings.asp?id=421378
Open House this Sunday 1-3PM
8 different apartments left available in that building

Michael Afanasyev
RE/MAX Metro
(718) 715-0879
Hello Esmihan,

I am a real estate agent who is very familiar with condos in Brooklyn Bensonhurst area which has very good schools, I can show you many 2 BR + 2 Bath in that price range. Please contact me directly via e-mail so that I can send you some listings.
If you need assistance please feel free to e-mail me directly, I will be happy to e-mail you available listings that will suit your needs. As for the tax credit--you need to be in contract by April 30, 2010 and close by the end of June 2010.
I think there are many areas that you can look in, but even though agents can e-mail you listings, until you go to see them yourself, you are really not going to be able to see what they are like. Do you only want a condo, or would you consider a co-op? Have you been pre-qualfied so that you know that you can afford the loan on the unit you want to buy?
Contact me for any financing information you may need, and I am sure that some agents will answer as well and you can give them your contact info and they will be happy to guide you.