Lynn Bower,…, Real Estate Pro in Naples, FL

I would be curious as to what the outcome of the upcoming Election (no matter who wins) has to do with a buyers/ sellers and their mindset to buy.

Asked by Lynn Bower, P.A., Naples, FL Thu Oct 4, 2012

Answers

9
I have said before that now is the time to buy for many reasons.

That being said, I do not think this is the forum for political debate. When you express opinions for one political party or another, you are telling 50% of the people with opposing views that you do not value their business.

We are happy to work with clients who support either party to find exceptional properties in the Naples area. Just give us a call at 239-263-7777.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 4, 2012
I've heard this every four years since 1968, and I think that the reality is that it only matters to the 1% of rabid partisan who has their car plastered with bumper stickers; everybody else just goes about their day-to-day lives.

If you plot a graph of real estate sales without the dates, you'd never be able to identify where a Presidential election occurred.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 4, 2012
Yes, history shows that normally, interest rates will definitely not rise just before an upcoming election. Neither wants that to happen. As others have said, with home prices already on the rise (thank goodness for everyone), it is most likely that no matter who wins the election, we will also see interest rates rise. So for that reason, people who are sitting on the fence should jump off now, rather than holding off for another few months. I believe they will regret it.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 4, 2012
-
I pray this anti-self employed, anti-business regim gets the BOOT in Nov.!!

I didn't vote for obama, however, like most everyone I know, I wanted to see him do a good job! But this has not been the case as his Failed Policies has made a bad situation 10 times worse due to all these new Crippling, Massive over regulation of the Mortgage Industry as well as just about all business in America!

Everyone who is left in the Mortgage Industry has been living a Nightmare trying to help consumers get loans under this Crushing Over Regulation (i.e. The Dodd/Frank Act, a.k.a. Death Star for Business and the Self Employed and HVCC Appraisal Laws brain child of the Gov. of NY Andrew Cuomo, a.k.a. America’s Trillion Dollar Equity Killer) inflicted on America from this administration and democrats, all in the name of “Hope and Change!”

More like A Clown Car Full of Freak’n Horrors is what it’s all turned out to be for America!

Most who know the facts of what really has happened feel the below are some of the main ones to blame for the melt down! Would you say that these people being allowed to remain in government positions is the equivalent to allowing known child molesters to keep their jobs at the day care?

Watch the below, Sickening!

Barney Frank- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPSDnGMzIdo
Maxine Waters- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9W_6U7GRrI&feature=related
Nancy Pelosi - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJiQRe8Mqao&feature=related

Because of people like the above, we are where we are, but in effort to cover their tracks and divert attention away from what they helped cause, this administration allowed Barney Frank and Chris Dodd, 2 of the main culprits of this whole mess to inflict yet another crippling blow to America with this absurd Dodd/Frank Act!

Here’s an analogy of what’s now happened: It’s like people with no knowledge of Nuclear Power going into the control room of a Nuclear Power Plant and randomly flipping switched, turning knobs and shutting off valves…all in the name of“Change” without any regards to the consequences or unintended effects!

This anti-self-employed, anti-business, anti-American bill as had terrible effects on the American housing recovery! It has driven thousands of very knowledgeable people from their careers, caused countless more foreclosures, raised the costs of all loans across the board by as much as $1,200 to $2,200, has almost tripled the time it takes to close a loan, has increased confusing disclosures by almost double as well as made them even more confusing for consumers, has eliminated vital loan programs that would help the recovery, has eliminated options for consumers to have their closing costs paid, and the list goes on and on!

But people say, “Well the Banks are just not loaning money!” Really? I despise the big banks too, but this administration’s HORRENDOUS Over Regulation has forced banks NOT to lend for fear of Government Penalties! Can you blame them?

You have the Consumers, Lenders, Mortgage Brokers, Processors, Realtors, Title Agents all in the boat rowing as hard as we can with the Government (i.e. Obama Administration) in the back yelling…Stroke…Stroke…Stroke, all the while PUNCHING HOLES in the bottom of the boat! Not even the Enemies of America could have done a better job in crippling the housing market recovery and business in America!

We can’t afford 4 more years of this “Hope and Change!”
Congratulations on re-focusing your business. Given the current Florida polls, you are well on your way to reducing your potential customers by half.
Flag Sun Oct 7, 2012
Folks attempting to sell or buy a home today or next year are most certainly the most inspired, hope filled individuals we've seen in over a decade. In spite of the politics, they still believe in MIRACLES.
Every successful closing requires no less than one miracle.
-
Should the tax and spenders start eyeing Miracles as a revenue source, we can expect things to stay the same.
I think there are a lot of Buyers waiting on the sidelines until after the election. People want to know what the rules are going to be before buying Real Estate, especially investors. Whether it’s the kinds of deductions homeowners can take, or the rate that rental income is taxed. Savvy Buyers want to know what they are getting themselves into before diving in.
I would certainly suggest buying BEFORE the election. No matter who wins, interest rates will rise and home prices already are going up. We saw the bottom quite a few months ago and any deals left are going quickly. I would be happy to help with a purchase. 239-263-7777
Seems like it is only a matter of time before inflation starts to become a problem. The only way to curb inflation that I know of is to raise interest rates. No good! We need to stop borrowing and printing money.
Each side like to gain points with voters in an election year. A big one is interest rates for all us little folk. So in an election year, interest rstaes always stay low until AFTER the election so as not to tick off voters one way or the other.

BUY NOW.