Home Buying in Scottsdale>Question Details

laurmast, Home Buyer in Scottsdale, AZ

I work in Scottsdale, where is a good town to live in?

Asked by laurmast, Scottsdale, AZ Wed Mar 26, 2014

Answers

16
It really depends on what makes sense to you, and your life style. Most people that I work with like to live near to their work location, and they also enjoy to be near to hiking trails, and mountains views enjoying the out door activities.

Residential Real Estate Professional / Prestige Realty
Bianca Bennett / 602-570-7898
Bianca@InvestInArizonaHomes.com
Website: http://www.InvestInArizonaHomes.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 28, 2014
Haha, quite a few responses to this one. I agree that Scottsdale is a great place to live and work (I do!). North Scottsdale, McCormick Ranch, DC Ranch, Kierland area, the greenbelt, you can't really go wrong. Arcadia is also close by and has a great neighborhood feel. Tempe borders Scottsdale and has some great areas. It really just depends on what your interests are.

If you have any mortgage questions or would like to get prequalified so you can look at some homes, please feel free to contact me.
That's a great question. There are many factors to determine prior to answering your question accurately. Is there a budget? How far do you want to be from your work? Do you enjoy nightlife, walking, biking, jogging trails? Do you want a high walk score? You might want to explore the Arcadia area of Phoenix. It's just west of Oldtown Scottsdale and east of the Phoenix Biltmore area. Close proximity to the airport.

For a more detailed consultation to help provide you with great options, feel free to email or call me any time.

James Wehner
West USA Realty
480-323-5462
http://www.scottsdalehomescouts.com
When I moved to Arizona from the East Coast 20 years ago I asked several Realtors where they would like to live (if they could pick anywhere in AZ). They all said 'North Scottsdale'.... every single one of them! So that is where I bought and never strayed. You will not regret your decision. Schools, crime rate, shopping, parks, lifestyle in general....Scottsdale is the way to go.
It all depends on what's important to you, what is your life style, how much you can qualify, how long you'd like to commute to work. Do you like to be in a quiet location, like to play golf, tennis or other sports? Do you like to be close to shopping, theater, and restaurants? There are many great locations to live including Scottsdale.
I'll be happy to help you if you'd like, please call or email me.

Shahla Mentha
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
602-741-0755
mentha.shahla@gmail.com
Live where you work! Scottsdale is great!
I agree with comments about Scottsdale as live here too. But Desert Ridge is great and Cave Creek is fun place as well and Camelback Corridor. Depends on how much time you want to spend commuting to work and back; activities you like and your budget. I'd be happy to discuss options with you. Call 866-620-2168. Thanks, Alice
There are so many areas that would be great to live in, it really depends on your budget and interests. You can be extremely close to work andd in an urban setting or a few more minutes away in a very rural setting. Let me know what your preference is and I can help find the right area for you.
A good area of town to live in: How old are you and what do you like to do when you're not working?
I'm 31 and try to be active. I think McCormick Ranch ($375k to $800k) is the nicest, GREEN, up and coming family area in Scottsdale.

Arcadia old near Old Town and is appealing. Homes move quick.
Obviously it has to be Scottsdale!
Hi Lauramast,

Scottsdale is a wonderful community, but as you know the prices of homes in Scottsdale are much higher than surrounding communities like Chandler and Gilbert. There are some very nice and affordable neighborhoods in Phoenix both east and west of Tatum and north of Indian School all the way to Desert Ridge. Fountain Hills is also a great community.

Of course all this depends on what fits best for you. I would be happy to send you a list of properties if you can send me an idea of the price range you are thinking about and any other criteria that you would like.

if you have any other questions please contact me at 480-794-0256, robinfink@cox.net or visit my website at robinfink.com where you can fill out a Dreamhome finder.

Take care,
Robin

Scottsdale is one of the best, and you already work there, so it sounds like that will be your perfect match., and depending on your needs, wants and haves, you might be in the right place already.

Let us know if you have any more questions, glad to help you find a home anywhere close to work.

take care
Saul Enriquez
What is wrong with Scottsdale? While there are many factors to consider such as budget, size of the home, amenities, likes and dislikes, etc.

Let me know what you are looking for in a home and I will help you find the information you are looking for to make the best decision. No cost, No obligation.
I think It is relative to what you consider good. The price of the home, schools, shopping and restaurants? I would be happy to sit down or email you information about different áreas of town. Let me know how I can help?

Amy Willaby
Green Street Real Estate Inc
602-403-3209
I believe that there are many great places to live in Arizona. I would love to help you discover what area you think is the best for you. If you have any real estate related questions, please do not hesitate to call me at 480-313-4782 or email me at Louton.Duane@gmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you.
Hi Lauramast

Good is a relative question. What is important to you about where you live, amenities, distance to work, schools, shopping, age of homes, distance to parks/trails....the list of what makes for good is specific to the person and as such important to discuss. I've lived here for almost 17 years and find I like the places I've lived. I've lived in North Phoenix and Scottsdale. Tell us what is important to you and your answers can grow from there.

Cheers
Laura Myers