Home Buying in Schenectady>Question Details

kimkyu, Home Buyer in Schenectady, NY

I wonder how much taxes are expected if I own a house (about $300K) in Schenectady or Guilderland. Thank you!

Asked by kimkyu, Schenectady, NY Mon Jul 9, 2012

Answers

4
According to the Town Tax Dept in Guilderland expect to pay $2,500 on property tax and $6,500 on school tax for a $300,000 home. There are some additional costs for areas that have more street lights and additional sewer charges due to distance which can add $21 per thousand $$.

The city of Schenectady charges $13.35 per thousand the county $6.68 per thousand, some additional costs for elections & sewers add $2.1 per thousand, the school tax dept was not available but I can tell you it's more expensive than Guidlerland Schools
In Schenectady on a 300k home your taxes (property & school) will be in the 10k-15k range. In Guilderland should be about 7k-10k.
If you are referring to the NYS transfer tax, it's $4 per thousand of the selling price....For any other tax related questions, consult with your attorney, and or, tax professional...
If you own a house,
you probably have an Impound Account with the Lender,
which collects Taxes and Insurance on a monthly basis,
which would mean,
that you owe nothing.