Home Buying in 75803>Question Details

Grandma13, Home Buyer in 75803

I wnt to buy a hse that grandparent put deed in minor childs name what can we do to get a contract on hse.It will be financed by GP

Asked by Grandma13, 75803 Fri Apr 8, 2011

GP put grandchild name on deed. GP built hse and has lived there since 2005.He wants to sell hse and finance. I have made an offer but everything has to be in the name on the deed. How can he change this so that we can complete the contract?

Help the community by answering this question:


Sounds like you need to talk to a real estate attorney.
Web Reference: http://www.sallygrenier.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 8, 2011
Since you are in the Palestine area, I suggest you contact Michael Dear, 903 729-6597. He is a real estate attorney and very reasonable. I have been using him for many years. This is a legal question but will probably require the grandchildren to deed the house back to him before he can do anything with it. Mr. Dear can help with whatever is necessary, including the new deeds. Good luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 9, 2011
Get back with your attorney. Never try to do these types of transactions yourself without assistance.
It's a receipt for disaster. Spend 200-$300 and get it done right...and avoid many problems, money, and
headaches later if you don't do it exactly right.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 9, 2011
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Grandma the grandparent does not have the right to sell the house as their name is not on the deed. THey need to get the deed transfered to their name which is going to take an attorney so that they have the right to sell the property to you. This may be easy or complicated. As everything is friendly have them talk to your attorney after you have set a limit on how much you will pay to take of this problem.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 9, 2011
You would need either qualify for a loan to purchase the house OR speak with an real estate attorney

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 8, 2011
I had an attorney draw up the offer; he has been in court all week so I have been unable to contact him on this and just trying to help the seller. He does not want to pay an attorney. To get a better deal on the property I am paying all closing including title insurance.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 8, 2011
Definately consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate, he/she can best advise as it relates to your specific situation.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 8, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer