Home Buying in Chicago>Question Details

Ibrahim, Home Buyer in Dallas, TX

I will pay someone if they can find the owner, negotiate, and close on a unit I'm interested in

Asked by Ibrahim, Dallas, TX Mon Aug 5, 2013

The unit is vacant and distressed. My tenant has informed me there are rodents coming from that unit to hers (row houses). Its either I take them to court or I buy the unit to make it livable. The owner will not pick the phone up, I'd rather buy it than go to court.

The address is 6822 S Anthony, Chicago. This is the contact info in the yellow pages for the owner. He will not answer my phone calls, if anyone have a suggestion please pass it along. I live out the state so its been difficult to handle.

Public Records:
Jerome Bryant 55-59 years old
Phone number
4358 W Augusta Blvd Chicago, IL 60651-3430

Help the community by answering this question:


i suggest writing a letter, hand written envelope is best, (owner will probably be more inclined to open a hand addressed letter vs a standard letter) making an offer to purchase.

Exercise due diligence, i.e. taxes, liens, etc..., prior to making the offer.

Good luck!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 6, 2013
Jacqueline gave you sound excellent advice!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 5, 2013
I'll contact the lawyer for the city and see if they can reach out to the owner. He is racking up fines.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 5, 2013
Per my records Jerome Bryant lives out of state. I assume you have been reaching out to the wrong one.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 5, 2013
In the mean time while you are trying to resolve this the management company is responsible for infestation control. Call them and get things rolling on that end. Their must be food left in there.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 5, 2013
Call 311 and follow instructuon of city departments
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 5, 2013
Taxes haven't been paid in two years from what I found.

The Name is what I found in public records.

There's no equity in that unit, its run down. I had to do a full remodel with the unit I purchased, I'm hearing this one is worse than the one I brought.

The rodents are being taken care of, this is the second time its been an issue.

Can someone give me a lawyer's number that can help me with this........
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 5, 2013
It may be beneficial to find a agent that works this area and see if they will help you out.
Web Reference: http://Americorpre.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 5, 2013
Can I do his as a Sales & Recruiting professional without a RE license? I did market
homes for Developers in CA and once the buyer was agreed to purchase, I handed them
off to the Developers or their RE Agents for the final closing process. I then received a

Let me know if you're interested.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 5, 2013
Only if you want to get charged $25,000 by the state of Illinois for practicing real estate without an Illinois license. You legally cannot get commission in Illinois.
Flag Mon Aug 5, 2013
I suggest you call the city and report
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 5, 2013
Make him an offer.

He's not answering the phone because he assumes it's a bill collector.

So make an offer in writing. Protect yourself with necessary contingencies. But if there's substantial equity in the property, the owner may welcome a simple, straightforward offer to buy.

Hope that helps.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 5, 2013
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Burke, VA
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer