Home Buying in Aiken>Question Details

Sammi, Home Buyer in Aiken, SC

I will move to Aiken area this Dec for a two years.

Asked by Sammi, Aiken, SC Sun Nov 9, 2008

I haven't decide to buy or to rent a house/apartment since I don't know the resale ratio in this area. Any suggestions?
If I buy a house. I would perfer a small house within nice and safe neighborhood. I like big room and open space.

Answers

5
Now is a Great time to buy a home, prices are down and interest rates are unbelievable 5% or lower, and the tax credit is available for first time buyers. You can build equity instead of throwing away rent money.
If you are moving down here for two years...it would be wise to invest in a property on the southside of Aiken instead of paying rent.

You may want to consider New Ellenton, just 15-20 minutes from Aiken.
You should check out the horse district. in Aiken, it is affordable and has some lovely house rentals. Streets to look at are Powderhouse, Banksmill, Knox ave and Jackson.
Contact an experienced buyer agent in that area. They can help you with resale value, market analyis of the area, provide enough information to help you to determine whether to buy or rent. Don't go it alone, have someone to look out for your best interests. Good luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 9, 2008