Harold Jensen, Other/Just Looking in Atlanta, GA

I will be buying a second home in PVB. How do I research property/homeowners insurance in advance. Estimate home value is 400k

Asked by Harold Jensen, Atlanta, GA Sat Apr 7, 2012

Answers

9
Keith Shoemaker’s answer
Plenty of good advice. You can check online or a local agent. You will need address of property. Do you have a location in mind? Also, the location will determine if property is in a flood zone. This will have effect on your premium.

Available for consultation or showings. I work with many out of area buyers with their vacation homes.

Keith Shoemaker
There are a lot of good insurance agents in town who would be happy to give you a free quote. I would recommend Donna Brightway Insurance -- her email is donna@brightwayinsurance.com or (904) 823-3699 is her office

Good luck and let me know if I can help!
Kim Sandberg
Re/Max Unlimited
Broker-Associate
904-703-4715
KimSandberg.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 7, 2012
I have lived in my home built in 2007 by Toll Brother Nocate FL 32081 going on my fourth year. I noticed the stucco on my home creacking and debonding. Per the engineer my HOI sent out he also observed de-bonded and peeled synthetic stucco finish on the north, west and east walls of the building were consistent with prolonged (several months to years) exposure to moisture from water intrusion in the exterior stucco assembly due to improper detailing of the stucco assembly. Moisture infiltrated through cracks and gaps on the wall surface and around the window frame. Because of the impermeable properties of the acrylic based synthetic stucco finish, and the absence of a system to evacuate the moisture trapped behind the synthetic stucco finish, moisture was allowed to accumulate behind the walls finish. The prolonged exposure to moisture caused the synthetic stucco finish coat to deteriorate. Had a system been put in place to allow moisture to exit the system, the severe deterioration of the finish coat would have been avoided. Toll has denied liability. Now I have mold behind these walls The level of mold behind the walls are as follows Aspergillus/Penicillium kitchen, kids bedroom and master bedroom all at,99.998%, we also had a foundation leak in the kitcken and still have no island. My insurance ajuster also brought to my attention a leaking window. Regarding the foundation damage Ram Jacks reports states. Given the age of your home and the evidence of differential settlement it is the opinion of Ram Jack of Florida Inc. that the damage sustained by the home is the result of failure of the foundation and improper backfill. The home is uninsurable and the builder denies liability and that I an out of warranty.. AS of 1/28 I have no HOI coverage and the come continues to deteriate. We have two leaking windows. foundation leak and the water heater blew up an caused $1000 in water damage. If thats not enough the bull nose around the polls is seperating from the pool shell. GOOD LUCK TO NEW HOME BUYERs>
AS OF TODAY...NOW MY LENDERS FORCED PLACE HOI WILL NOT PROVIDE COVERAGE.
Property and home owner insurance is certainly important to know. But as a second home buyer you will also want to know about taxes in the State of Florida. Please go to these two sites http://www.sjcpa.us which is the property appraiser website where you can estimate your taxes by clicking on the estimate tab. Also to find out more about taxes go to http://www.sjctax.us which is the tax collector website to understand how taxes are paid and the benefits of homesteading in Florida. Also, some homes in PVB not only have a homeowners association fee, they may have a Master Association fee and in some areas of new construction (e.g. Nocatee) you may find a CDD fee (community development district fee). Parts of the CDD fee are tax deductible and are paid at the same time as property taxes.
When you are ready to make a purchasing decision, these are other considerations besides insurance to consider. If you have not chosen a REALTOR to work with, I would be delighted if you called.
Kathleen Floryan
Realtor, Watson Realty Corp, 615 Highway A1A, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082
904-687-5146
Very thorough equality xplanation!!! Thank you! How do you compare Del Webb Nocatee to Sweetwater?? We are Virginians planning on returning to Florida in the near future. We have visited the are several times so we have a feel for what you would share with us.

Your thoughts would be GREATLY appreciated.
Flag Tue Jan 1, 2013
Harold,
Truly the best way is to contact 2 or 3 insurance agents. There are so many variables that each insurance companies have, it would be impossible to get anything concrete or even close over the www. If you would like, I can give you 2 or 3 agents contact info. Let me know.
You should asked a local insurance agent for an estimate. After you find a home, then obtain a 2-3 quotes. Prices can vary. The local Ponte Vedra AAA office has an on site insurance agent. The phone number is 904-280-8181. We started using them this year on our personal property and realized a savings. I will be happy to help assist you in finding a new home in the area if you are not currently working with a realtor. For $400K you will have many choices in the area. You can contact me directly at cheryl_gillespie@bellsouth.net. Welcome to the community.
Harold,
We will be happy to provide you with several insurance carriers so you can compare quotes.
Please contact us directly at kellyandwanda@comcast.net
Wanda
An insurance agent would be my best bet. :-)