Home Buying in Ohio>Question Details

Victoria Irw…, Renter in Columbus, OH

I went to report a fraud but it stated it could not find the listing. What do I do?

Asked by Victoria Irwin, Columbus, OH Wed Dec 5, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Home Buying in Ohio

Answers

3
Hi Victoria, recommend you find an agent to help you and work with properties listed on your local MLS. You will then be considering rentals that are listed and availabe I've encountered fraud with Craigslist - where my listed properties have been hyjacked - luckily the tenant was wise to the scam and alerted me. Sometimes online data - legitimate data can become dated and I suspect that is what you are encountering here.

The MLS is the best source of info and an agent has access to the most current status info on the MLS.

Work with an agent. And never, ever send money directly to a party that you "meet" online.

Good luck and best,
Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commtment to Service, Unsurpassed Results
Web Reference: http://www.FeenickHomes.com
I am new to this site and am looking to rent a 3 or4 bedroom home in Columbus Ohio. I tried to a listing and got a response stating that the wished to rent this homer to me however they just received a contract to work in another country. I know this is a scam but I hit the report fraud button it states it cannot find the listing. I have been thru this so much on craig's list and realy I am just looking to finda decen place to live.How do I handle reporing this and possibly stopping someone else fom getting scammed?
Victoria, you need to be more specific. What kind of fraud?