John, Home Buyer in Virginia

I went and looked at a foreclosur previously before getting preapproved for my loan, no longer listed but...

Asked by John, Virginia Sat Feb 28, 2009

I thought it sold however I was told by a friend that they ( the bank) may be looking for a new realtor. I pulled up the counties tax records and it still shows the bank as the current owner. How should I go about finding out if the home is still available or under contract? Looking on the banks site they do not have it in their realtor listed properties

Answers

3
John, a brokers access level to the MLS will show more information than what you're permitted to see. That is why the previous agent suggested you talk with a local agent. Your description just says VA. I am in Northern VA, if the property is in this area of the state, email me the address, I am happy to look it up for you and tell you what I can see. If it is in another part of the state, I may have to tap into my database to find out who I know that has access to the MLS that serves that area - there are a couple.... and honestly, there are some parts of the state that don't have an MLS. My email is vchrisner@kw.com Hope I can help. - and if you post the response here I won't likely see it, so please do send the email directly to me; that way I am sure I can get it and I will help you if I can.
yes I have access, via a brokers portal for me.. not on the listing anymore. Originally this is how I saw the home. Never saw under contract... thinking after a year with the same listing agency they may have pulled it off and now its a REO.

Thanks though for the thought
Contact a local realtor who can check the MLS