Home Buying in Ocotillo>Question Details

Jbad80, Home Buyer in Ocotillo, Yuma, AZ

I was wondering with our credit history, what is the best and quickest way to go in buying a home? What are our options?

Asked by Jbad80, Ocotillo, Yuma, AZ Sat Nov 26, 2011

We are new to the area and have thought about testing the waters with buying. My husband's credit is a work in progress at the moment. He had items on his credit that were either in collections or charge offs, but a couple years ago took out a loan to pay his debt off. A lot of it does show as paid now, but it seems that it is taking his credit score forever to go up. I also have tarnished credit. Unlike my husband, my debt is mainly medical bills from over the years.

Answers

1
Jesse Ortiz’s answer

Understanding credit and trying to predict how it's going to report a score is very difficult. It seems at time by paying items off it actually hurts more than it helps. One thing I recommend all my clients under similar situations is annualcreditreport.com, there you can dispute directly with each reporting agency any discrepancies that appear on your credit report. It is free for everyone once a year. There are other options as well that I could also recommend. I wish you luck and should you have any additional questions please feel free to contact me. I am a Mortgage Banker and have seen many credit reports in the past and have assisted many people in your situation become buyers.

Jesse Ortiz
928.210.9334
jortiz@amerifirst.us
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 26, 2011