Home Buying in Riverside>Question Details

paoxao, Home Buyer in Riverside, CA

I was wondering does grant deed mean property pays off; have no lien to the property and the owner has the right to transfer the title?

Asked by paoxao, Riverside, CA Sat Jan 5, 2013

Also, for quitclaim deed does it mean that the owner still has mortgage to pay but has the right to add and remove the person from the deed?

Can anyone please help me answer these questions?

Answers

3
If you are planning on taking any action based upon on-line answers to your questions, you will be sorry.

If you want simple explanations of what a grant deed and quitclaim deed are you can find them on-line.

How either will affect you personally is a question that you should personally ask an attorney.
In addition to Ron's comment, you want to verify the deeds are recorded and insured. The quit claim deed is not recommended as there are better instruments available.
I'm local have phenomenal results with representing sellers...I'll handle all the deed work as well,no additional cost!

Jory Blake
951.742.3751
Jory@joryblake.com
Web Reference: Http://www.joryblake.com
The GRANT deed conveys the ownership of the property without any LIENS.
The Quit Claim deed conveys that person's interest in the property; however much that might be.