Home Buying in Middleton>Question Details

Stacy, Renter in Danvers, MA

I was told that if you live in Middleton, Ma you have to dispose you own trash..no trash pick up by the city is that true?

Asked by Stacy, Danvers, MA Thu Feb 14, 2013

Answers

4
Pamela Cote’s answer
Hi Stacy,

It is true. Mr. Burke is very dependable. Have recommended his service for many clients over the years, as they move in or as they are getting their home ready for sale. Have his contact info if you should need it.

On the other hand, many people actually enjoy stopping by to dump their "stuff" at the transfer station on River St. & maybe chat with others who are doing the same.
Some people like to poke through the gently used items at the swap shop as well.

Pam
Thanks for the information. I never would have thought of waste removal as a social activity, but in a small town I guess everything is. I've been spoiled by a city-wide removal service, but I could get used to a private business if I had to.

Jenn | http://www.knoxpumpingservice.com
Flag Fri Aug 22, 2014
Stacy, that is correct the town of Middleton does not have local trash pick. There is a transfer station or you can contract your own refuse company.

I attached a link for your convenience.

Derek Beatrice
EXIT Realty Beatrice Assoc
Dbeatrice@exitrealtyba.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 14, 2013
Hi Stacy,

There are at least two private trash removal contractors who service Middleton. You can sign up with them to pick up trash weekly, bi-weekly or monthly. If you prefer to haul the trash yourself, Middleton does have a transfer station. You can buy a yearly permit at the town hall.
I actually wouldn't mind those options. I live in a city that has municipal waste collection. The cost on my utility bill is negligible, but I pay by living in a crowded area. If I could live in a more rural setting, I would be willing to hire a private waste removal service.

http://wasteservicesofcentralflorida.com/home.html
Flag Fri Aug 15, 2014
I would call the Middleton Town Hall.

Then

Come to Falmouth.
More waterfront than any other town in the US, beaches, resturants, golf, AND trash pickup!
Plus, you get to live at your summer vacation spot.

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)