Home Buying in Waterbury>Question Details

Sharon, Home Buyer in Amityville, NY

I was told by agent not safe area. All I want to know is it a mixed community?

Asked by Sharon, Amityville, NY Thu Jan 31, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3107117530-105-Industry-Ln-9-…

Answers

5
Not sure if this has been answered to yet, but at all costs please avoid any street named after a tree or nut or fruit(Willow, Walnut, etc...) and any street around there. Not safe in the slightest.
I am a life long resident of Waterbury. I show houses all over this town and in many other towns. I have never had a problem in any area in this city. There are areas that are more depressed than other areas of this city but all in all our city is pretty safe compared to Bridgeport, Hartford and New Haven. I have a beautiful home on a quiet street here in the city. You could never get such a nice home or the square footage in the surrounding towns for the price I paid for this house. Don't forget that we have city trash pickup and city water and sewer many of the other towns do not offer that service. It is too bad that the Realtor you went out with did not show you properties that were more to your liking. Maybe the Realtor did not really listen to you when you told him/her what you wanted. Don't give up on Waterbury there are many beautiful homes and wonderful people in this city ! Need an agents who care about what you are really looking for in a home call me Suzanne Summa 203-437-1667 !
If you go to the south southwest of that area it's dangerous. If I were you I would look north into Wolcott or east into the neighborhoods around Woodtick rd.
I appreciate your honesty! I did find out the hard way when I wasted my time and energy with an agent who took me home shopping in the worst parts of Waterbury. God bless.
Flag Sun Mar 17, 2013
Harvey, I meant people sorry
the community is mixed with ranches, raised ranches and one or two cape cod style homes all well kept and all one family designed homes.