Home Buying in Ladera Ranch>Question Details

Mark W., Home Buyer in Ladera Ranch, CA

I was told by a Ladera Ranch realtor, that a prospective home buyer cannot use a VA loan to purchase a home in Ladera Ranch. Is this true?

Asked by Mark W., Ladera Ranch, CA Mon Apr 1, 2013

Answers

21
I am a former US Navy officer, Ladera Ranch homeowner, and well versed in VA loans. I know this thread is kinda old an Fritz below livened things up a bit, but if you would sill like to buy in Ladera Ranch with your VA entitlements (that we earned) please give me a call. I have a lender that does no fee loans for VA.
Hi mark. I think you received some great advice. I can vouch for Patty from Chase. She is a great lender. Let me know if you need the home. I am a Ladera Ranch listing agent and homeowner. I listed two homes last year and took buyers with VA offers. Very smooth transaction. I have more coming up and would be honored to work with another veteran. Thx Josh
949 466-9785
I don't think you should listen to that Realtor.

Fritz
Hi Mark,
I am a Mortgage Banker with Chase in Ladera Ranch. Being a veteran is a distinguished title and does not impede your purchase prospects. Quite the contrary. At Chase we offer VA financing and a Military Program that gives our veterans a discount of $495. off of the loan fees associated with obtainin financing. We also offer a Free Homebuyer Advantage Program that can provide you with a loan approval, prior to writing your offer. That way, you look like a cash buyer to the seller and Listing Agent and any issues they may have with a VA loan will be settled up front. Give me a call if I can assist you further. Patricia Woods, NMLS #478770 949-307-2082
Thanks Matt, it was MY pleasure to serve our country in the United States Navy as a Logistics and Finance Officer (Lieutenant). I also just recently got certified as a Military Relocation Professional (MRP) to further serve the needs of our US Military personnel...Army, Air Force, Marines, Navy, and Coast Guard. This included loan program information that confirms my earlier posts.

Mark, If you are still interested...give me a call. Larry
Mark,

This is quite a forum!! Look, I will cut to the chaste. Yes, you can qualify for 100% financing with two exceptions:

1) You are ineligible as a veteran - (Very unlikely)

2)The property is ineligible - Certain condo projects can be ineligible.

We are a National Direct Lender and I can offer a substantial credit to our men and women in uniform, you have earned it and I'm proud to offer it. I think Dr. Webb would obviously be your best resource as a veteran himself (Thanks Dr. Webb for your service!!).

For Fast VA approval and financing just call me and I'll point you in the right direction even if you don't need my help. Thanks for your service!!

MALLSOPP@NAFINC,COM or (949) 636-5027

http://www.newamericanagent.com/mattallsopp
Did you ever buy your home in Ladera Ranch using your VA benefits? We are seeing an increase in VA offers for our listings. In fact, we are in escrow on a listing (condo) that is a VA offer. Since the market has changed since your original post, perhaps you might find it "less competitive" now. And, to answer your original question, it isn't true. We closed another escrow in June 2013 and it was a VA offer.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 13, 2013
Absolutely NOT! I am a former US Navy Officer and real Estate Broker working in Ladera Ranch. Call me and I will help you out. Larry Webb, broker Associate, Century 21 Award, Ladera Ranch, http://www.DrLarryWebb.com (714) 222-1465
Well you need a different realtor. I work with many of the best if you need a referal.

What the realtor really should have said though, is that it is harder to get your offer accepted because sellers and their agents are afraid that they will have to make repairs as required by VA loans.

My experience is that their fears are unreasonable becuase most buyers are going to want the same repairs. So it is important to have a realtor that can communicate that to the sellers and their agents.

However when buying foreclosures and short sales it is much harder to by a home with a VA loan becuase of the required repairs. I t hink this realtor was wanting your business and did not want to work. It is important for you to recognize that will take a lot more work for your realtor to get you into a home.
Brentwood Pacific Financial has several VA loans in process in the south county area, including Ladera Ranch..

Contact them at 714-771-3800, and they can walk you thru the VA home buying process or go to the website, http://www.pacwestforeclosures.com to get up to date information on discounted homes in the Ladera Ranch area.
There is no reason you cannot buy any single family home with a VA loan. I'm a VA specialist I would be happy to help.
Web Reference: http://www.socalvaloans.com
Mark W:

I'm a mortgage banker with Castle & Cooke Mortgage. In addition, Ive funded a lot of transactions in Ladera Ranch. I know Amy Sims & The Blackstone Team focus on Ladera Ranch & are both very highly regarded in the Real Estate Community.

All of the answers are correct below. Unfortuantely, VA loans have a stigma of "moving slower" through the process. Not true. There are a few tricks you can do to try and get your offer to the top of the stack. Starting with a professional agent that focuses on Ladera Ranch is your first step. I highly recommend reaching out to Amy Sims or The Blackstone Team.

Good luck & Feel free to call with questions.

Grant Fawcett
Mortgage Banker
Castle & Cooke Mortgage
Cell: (949) 212-4578
VA loans are fine if the seller will accept them and if they property is in the right condition to qualify. It may be the realtor has no experience helping our esteemed Veterans.
If you need more info I would be happy to supply it.
I wish you the best in your search.
Valerie
Valerie O'Brien
Keller Williams Newport Estates
Tel: 949-478-2892
valerieobrien@owntheoc.com
managethis@mac.com

http://www.OwnTheOC.com

Secret List of Unlisted Bank Owned, Short Sale, and other Discounted Properties throughout the Orange County area. Most of these homes are not listed on the open market with or available through any online searches. Gain free access below. http://secretocforeclosures.weebly.com/
We are listing agents that just brought a va buyer in on a Ladera town home. We are finding the experience to be quite satisfying as the VA process is going smoothly we also have two other townhomes that are coming up that we would be willing to do the va loans and offers as well please contact us and we will let you know
Josh Richardson
949 466-9785.
If that was so I would like to know about it as its would be classified as housing discrimination, keeping in mind that some condo does qualify for VA financing

Go shopping for a mortgage. It may seem backwards to shop for a mortgage before you shop for the house, but there are several reasons for doing this. Shopping for a mortgage will also help if you can get “pre-approved” for the amount you’d like to borrow. This means the lender has looked over your credit and financial statement and agreed to lend you the money. Sellers like pre-approved buyers because there’s less risk the deal won’t go through. First, you’ll find out how much you can borrow, which has a lot to do with how much house you can buy. Be careful not to let the lender you push you into a monthly payment you don’t feel comfortable with. Get my top 25 Questions you should be asking your lender before you choose them to secure a mortgage.

Get the facts about home mortgages from the experts at ENG Lending. Learn about different types of home mortgage loans and what to expect during the mortgage application process. Plus, find information about the current mortgage market and which mortgage myths you should never believe.

Ensuring that you make the right choice for you and your family is my ultimate goal. And I am committed to providing my customers with mortgage services that exceed their expectations.. As always, you may contact me anytime by phone, fax or email for personalized service and expert advice.

I look forward to working with you!

Lowell Sterling
Mortgage Banker
NMLS# 968898
LSterling@englending.com
16800 N. Dallas Pkwy, Suite 290 | Dallas, TX 75248
Office: 972-646-2411 | Cell: 214-418-7022 | Fax: 214-614-4637
Bank of England /dba ENG Lending: NMLS# 418481
Mark,

I would agree with many of the other agents remarks below. I just closed a couple of VA purchases here in Ladera so it really depends on the property and if your looking at condos/town homes, it would depend on the tract and if it's approved or not. Nevertheless, I also work with a loan broker that has also approved many of the condo tracts here in Ladera under the VA loan program. You might want to consider working with an agent that is not only familiar with Ladera Ranch homes, but with how VA loans work.

Janet Campbell
http://www.TheBlackstoneTeam.com
(949)226-8990
Was it a condo in Ladera or a single family home? I live and work in Ladera Ranch. There are a couple of condo complexes that are in litigation. Maybe that is why the Realtor said that??? In general you shoiuld be able to use a VA loan as long as the home meets the VA requirements. I'd need more information to understand why you were given that informiation.

Rochelle Chacon
949 533-1262
RochelleSelsOC.Com
Hi Mark

As far as I know, there are no restrictions for VA loans in Ladera Ranch. Some agents are not as familiar with the VA financing. I have helped a client purchase a short sale with a VA loan and the transaction was smooth. VA loans do have a few requirements that are slightly different so you need to take them into consideration when purchasing a home. If I can be of assistance to help you, please call me or email me at melissadano@cox.net or 949-636-3007.
Mark ~
I am sorry you were told that, but perhaps that Realtor was referring to a particular condo development in Ladera Ranch. There are only a few approved at this time. Single Family Detached, residences are all available. Here are a list of some VA condos approved here in Ladera Ranch for your reference:
1.) Chambray
2.) Greenbriar
3.) St Mays
4.) Sutters Mill
5.) The Trails
6.) Valmont
I hope this helps in your search. If you have further questions, please feel free to reach out to me. I am a Ladera Ranch resident and Realtor and would be honored to assist in your home purchase. if you are a fellow agent feel to call for guidance. I am always here to help anyone with Real Estate questions.

Amy Sims
949-559-5959
DRe#01526302
Morning Mark,

Thanks for the question.

As far as I know you can use a VA loan on any property as long as your client and the house qualifies for it. It's up to the seller of that home to accept whatever offer they deem is the best.

Alex Vargas
(714) 269-8775 Mobile
DRE# 01332235

Weichert Realtors
Ladera Ranch, Ca 92694

http://www.AlexSellsSoCal.Com

AlexVargas2009@gmail.com