Home Buying in Malverne>Question Details

Doug Hansen, Home Buyer in Valley Stream, NY

I was supposed to get gifted my down payment from my father now its all gone. Any way to get into a home?

Asked by Doug Hansen, Valley Stream, NY Mon Aug 31, 2009

asap! Only have 5k in bank.

Answers

8
It has taken me a lot of years sacrificing and saving more than you would believe from my income each month.

You may find that you can get enough of a down payment if you cut out luxuries. You do not need soda, coffee, movies, pay tv service, internet, a brand new car, or all kind of other things that make life more pleasant. Over time you can save a lot. If you did magically get a down payment in your hands now how would you afford it when you have a $4k expense come up?

Buying a house, that may be easy. Keeping that same house, that can be problematic if any financial surprises come along and you are already financially tight.

(4 points)
You could explain your situation with the seller, ask him/her to carry back financing with a 6-month balloon, and do a rate/terms refinance--instead of obtaining new financing--with your lender.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 1, 2009
Hi Doug,

Yes! It would be best for you to speak with a loan officer who can supply you with creative options and help you to devise a plan to obtain your dream home. Please feel free to call me at 646 201 0564 for a referral. You may not be able to get your home tomorrow, but you will be educated on different products and be shown options on how to eventually purchase a home.
If you have good credit, good job , good income, and you are able to save money then, your way to own a home will be smooth.
You should speak to a loan officer and he will be able to help you.
We have a loan officer available to help you.
Just call me at 516-599 3569
Josh
nassau county has a down payment assistance program. try looking into that. I beleive the amounts given are based on your income, price of the home and the size of your family
Will you be able to get any more money by the time of closing? Do you have any money in a 401K or other type of retirement plan? If you do, you can take some of that money out - without paying a penalty only the usual income taxes - for the purchase of a primary residence. You may also want to see if there are properties out there where the seller may act as the bank and hold the mortgage. I would suggest that you contact a good mortgage broker and then hire an agent to represent you in the purchase. A little bit of creativity may go a long way in your case. I am a certified buyer representative and would be pleased to assist you. Good luck.

Ralph Windschuh
Century 21 Princeton Properties
631-467-0009
rwindschuh@c21princetonproperties.com
Speak to any qualified loan officer and see exactly what your budget can handle and take it from there.
Quite possibly. If you are a homeowner in Nassau County there is grant money available that can be used towards a downpayment. There are qualifications that must be met,.

If you want information, contact me and I can put you in touch with the people who can give you the details.

Donna Galinsky
dgalinsky@pugatch.com
516-317-9253