Melinda Giger, Home Buyer in Eugene, OR

I was recently released from prison and do not have a 2 year work history. My credit score is 810. Can I still get a loan?? I am having no luck.

Asked by Melinda Giger, Eugene, OR Wed Oct 23, 2013

Answers

6
Your question is for mortgage brokers and I can not answer it but if you are able to get a loan, I recommend that to shop to buy only houses; otherwise, if you try to buy a condo, the condo association may not approve you based on your background (the same could apply for single family home communities and townhouse communities that have an association with a governance charter).
First of all congratulations on being back into regular society! As far as your work history goes I believe it would be dependent on what type of employment you are in now. It has to be a similar type of work as your past, which hopefully DOES have the 2+ year history. That is what most lenders look at. It can make a big difference also what type of lender you go with. Mortgage company vs banks can sometimes make a difference in how stringent the guidelines are.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 23, 2013
Every situation is different...I would need more information to make an assessment. Feel free to reach out to me..I have been in the business for 21 years and IF it can be done, I can make it happen.

Andy Wood
727-410-9663
awood@titanhl.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 23, 2013
I just met with a lender yesterday who may be able to help you. Their name is All in One Lenders 305-760-6000. They just released a no-verification loan package. Your interest rate will slightly higher than average, but will get you into homeownership. Good luck. Call me if I can help you further. Ann Chamberlain Skywater Estates, 954-612-0439 or ann.chamberlain@skywatergroup.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 23, 2013
Loan Simple Inc. has flexible loan programs that may be able to help you. Please contact me to discuss this matter.

Dane Crichton
Branch Manager
Loan Simple Inc.
(054) 616-7190 (Direct)
(954) 424-0928 - Office
Email: dcrichton@loansimple.com
NMLS# 336085
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 23, 2013
Contact a few mortgage brokers in your area and run it by them. Lenders usually ask for last 2 years of tax returns and W2s, so that may be an issue.