RB, Home Buyer in Ashburn, VA

I was looking to purchase a condo in the arcola center community built by Ryan Homes. How is the airplane noise in this area?

Asked by RB, Ashburn, VA Mon Feb 25, 2013

Answers

2
Matt Elliott’s answer
Hi RB - you are a little further West of Dulles than you would be in Centreville or Chantilly, so the airport noise is not as bad as if you were directly below the flight path when flights take off/land.

It's difficult anywhere in Northern VA to find an area that doesn't experience airport noise/road noise, and especially so along the Rt. 50 corridor. Having said that, the only way to get the real answer to your question is to sit out there for a bit and see what YOU think of it. Everything else on this matter is a matter of opinion. What counts is what you think.

I can tell you from a resale standpoint, having sold homes in that community and area, airport noise has not come up once. Either b/c buyers don't think it's an issue or b/c buyers are all accustomed to some level of airport noise.

Hope this helps somewhat; feel free to call or txt if you'd like to discuss further.

All my best,

Matt Elliott
Keller Williams
703-627-2167
matte@kw.com
Engage a local Licensed Real Estate Broker by clicking "Find a Pro" in the header of this website. http://www.naplesrealestateguys.com