Home Buying in Frederick>Question Details

M1singh, Home Buyer in 20171

I was looking to buy a commercial condo in Frederick, MD, however we found that the claimed sq ft was inflated. Can they legally do it?

Asked by M1singh, 20171 Tue Jul 13, 2010

Help the community by answering this question:


You would need to prove they did with teh intent to harm, if you purchased it and proved it you may have a case, but if you only are looking at it, you have not been harmed yet. Unfortanately most mistakes in size are either a lazy agent using previous calculations from another source that were not checked or actually measured by themselves or as honest as a miscalculation.

Square footage is a basic math calculatio by taking the dimensions and multiplying. If soemone is adding square footage that is not there, they are not helping anyone in the long run. You could always wrote a letter of complaint to teh managing broker of teh firm, however as far as illegal, you have tio prove it was deliberate and unless tehy confess, it is a tough chore.
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 13, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer