Home Buying in 32810>Question Details

 Shakil, Real Estate Pro in Altamonte Springs, FL

I was looking for a house in 32810 zip code and I made offer for 3 diferent houses so far without any success.

Asked by Shakil, Altamonte Springs, FL Sat Jun 28, 2008

I need to find out why they are not accepting my offer. I am using Orange county ,FL first time home buyer assistance program. It requires if thats the problem. Is there anyway that could be reason why nobody is taking my offer? Because my last offer so very close to the asking price. I am not sending too low ball offer. I can't think of anything else beside my finance. I guess the home owner does not want to wait 2 months to close the deal. Not to mention Orange county finance program takes 2 month to process. One of the 3 house has been in market over a year. Matter of fact its been 3 months I sent my offer on that house and they rejected my offer because I asked for 2 months of time before closing. Interestingly that house is still in the market. I don't understand what is the problem to wait 2 months.

Help the community by answering this question:


Please visit out web site at http://www.evenyoucanownahome.com

It changes weekly so make sure to keep checking it until you see a property you like.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 22, 2008
I have a property available in 32810 zip code and I will work with you. It's available to move in in August and I will do a lease purchase. You can live in it while you wait the 2 months before the closing. Let me know how you want to proceed. rlkproperties1@yahoo.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 21, 2008
Are you working with any Representative?Or are you doing this on your own? Please post your reply here so we can assist you better.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jul 20, 2008
I am thinking maybe you could live in a home that is offering a lease/purchase plan. It would get you in a home and you could word the contract with a 6 month time frame for purchase. I knwo of many sellers who are willing to work with a reasonable term of contract. If you find a home ask the buyers if they will do that for you, or there are listings that offer a lease purchase from the get-go. Get a Realtor, we are free to you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jul 20, 2008
I have a home in 32810 zip code... I would like to sell my home and would be willing to wait and work with you and also help you with any assistance. This is a rental property and my family is moving out of state. It is a solid Florida home... 3Bedroom 1 Bath with carport, screened porch, totally fenced yard on a dead end street. It's a small but solid home. Great terrazzo floors with a large yard and 2 storage sheds. Contact me if your interested. 3502 Tarpon Drive, Orlando, FL 32810
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 28, 2008
It feels to me that you are working with an institution. It maybe a short-sale, or a foreclosure. This could be the issue as I do not see that a easonable offer on a home that has been listed for so long would not even counter your offer, let alone an outright refusal.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 28, 2008
Like everyone else here has said, without seeing the contract or speaking with the sellers/seller's agent, we really can't tell exactly why your offers are not being accepted. It could be a different reason for each home.

I can tell you this though, I represented a seller not long ago that got a full asking price offer on their home, only the buyer was making their offer contingent on County DPA. The sellers didn't mind waiting 60 days for a full asking price offer. However, after 5 months and multiple promises by the buyers, the sellers finally said no more and never even looked at any offers involving any type of DPA program.

The fact of the matter is, these DPA programs are great but extremely un-reliable with budget cuts, short staffed agencies, and a limited amount of funds for so many applying.....sellers are usually better off keeping the home on the market waiting for a buyer without DPA.

Did your realtor suggest that you submit an offer allowing the seller first right of refusal? This allows the sellers to keep marketing the property while you wait to clear your financing contingency.....so the seller has nothing to lose. You may however, as if another offer comes along while you are waiting on your financing, you may lose the house, and any money you spent thusfar on inspections or appraisals.
Web Reference: http://www.gregtraub.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 28, 2008
I'm a broker and recently made a good offer that got rejected without a counter, on a house that was 13 months vacant on the market. Moral of the story: you never know what motivates a seller.
If you do not work with a Realtor yet, now it's time to start doing so. Someone with local knowledge preferrably.
Good luck to you and all the best,

Tobias Kaiser, MS, CIPS
Greater Fort Lauderdale Real Estate Broker + Consultant
Certified International Property Specialist
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 28, 2008

2 months is not an unreasonable amount of time for a closing.
Are you working with a Realtor? Did you send in a deposit with your contract?
Are you asking the buyer to pay all the closing costs?

It really is hard to say why they are rejecting your offers withou knowing all the details
and homes you are wanting to buy.

Don't get discouraged. You will find the home that is right for you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 28, 2008
I need more information can you email me with it.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 28, 2008

Price is most often the reason that an offer is rejected, but there are many reasons that a seller will reject an offer. I would have your agent call the listing agents and ask why the sellers are rejecting your offers.

Financing could also be playing into things. Does the home buyer assistance program require anything special of the seller? Also be careful of the "low ball" offer, no seller wants to give there house away. If the house is reasonably priced, you should make a reasonable offer. If you offend the seller with your price up front they'll outright reject your offer and may refuse to work with you in the future.

Keep trying, there are many motivated sellers out there, you'll find one that wants to work with you. I hope that helps.

Cameron Piper
Web Reference: http://www.campiper.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 28, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer