Home Buying in Burbank>Question Details

Firsttimebuy…, Home Buyer in Burbank, IL

I was looking at a property and the day I put in my offer it went to auction, although it is still listed as active on the mls?

Asked by Firsttimebuyer, Burbank, IL Fri Jul 23, 2010

My offer was returned by the listing agent with the message to submit it on the website.
It is listed on auction.com's website with a pre auction and live auction to take place in August. Has anyone had any experience with auction.com? Does anyone ever purchase from the preauction or does the live auction occur regardless?

The property is owned by Fannie Mae and has been for nearly a year.

Answers

3
You should follow the listing agent's advise and submit your offer to the auction company. If it is reasonable, the seller will respond to it before the auction date. That way, the home would be sold and not go up for bidding.
Yes, it does happen that homes will sell before the auction, that is why at the auction some homes will not show up there. That is why it is always best to check on a house you intend to buy at auction, the day before to make sure it will still be available for bidding at the auction.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 23, 2010
If you're really interested then go to that site. I have had clients make successful bids on there.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 23, 2010