Home Buying in Anderson>Question Details

puccinismum2…, Home Buyer in Montgomery, TX

I was interested in a listing in Iva,sc , a commercial property that was built as a church, just listed, when I called to express interest, the realto

Asked by puccinismum2000, Montgomery, TX Tue Oct 23, 2012

The realtor response was to up the price by 10,000 dollars , I realize she is looking after the sellers interest, Gloria from Keller Williams, but I feel this was an extremely shady move

Answers

2
Great question!

As a real estate consultant in Anderson, I can tell you that many shortsales are priced arbitrarily. (Meaning the agent just throws out a number in order to get it listed.) The bank with then listen to offers and the final acceptable price for the bank may be higher or lower(based on what the asset manager needs to net which is usually a percentage of what's owed). I work directly with Gloria as we are both KW team owners under our same broker but on different teams. She would never compromise her license by being unethical. She may be explaining that since the short sale has not been negotiated the price may be higher in the end. The $95,000 is only a ballpark figure.

Shortsales can be a tough process to navigate. If you need advice from an Anderson buyers agent who knows the area as well as fair market prices contact myself or Glen Childress. We will represent you and NOT the seller.

That is what you are looking for, right?

864-908-5721
864-276-1822
I pulled the listing up on the MLS and the price was $95,000..the listing is a short sale subject to bank approval..I'm not sure what transpired in your conversation with Gloria but I have never known her to be anything but professional. Maybe a misunderstanding. If you would like to contact me I will be glad to help figure it all out..