Jorge, Home Buyer in Whittier, CA

I was approved for a VA loan in the amount of 450K. I am looking to buy a house in Downey. Everytime that I

Asked by Jorge, Whittier, CA Tue Jun 9, 2009

find a house that I love, It sells before I even get a shot at it. Is there a way to get quick and accurate information about a home?

Answers

7
Todd Scott’s answer
I just had one of my borrowers get his offer accepted (VA) and another offer rejected (conventional) due to the way the offer is structured. VA loans do not have to take a long time to close. Get an agressive, VA experienced real estate agent who knows how to get you to the properties coming onto the market and can structure your offer to look good to the buyer. It isn't just about showing houses and submitting offers. It's about getiing in early and structuring an offer that gets the sellers attention. Pick a property that doen't need a lot of repair. This is where most deals get hung up. VA likes the home to be move in ready or only in need of minor repair. Learn the rulse (your agent should know these) and keep going after the next opportunity.

Todd Scott
Senior VA Loan Specialist
iFreedom Direct
San Diego, CA
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 12, 2009
Jorge:

There is a way to get quick and accurate information about a home. Work with a knowledgeable and aggressive agent. Do not wait for listings to come to Realtor.com or other aggregating sites. This is too late. One of my clients, who was shopping in the Downey / Norwalk / Whittier area came up against a similar situation. You and your agent have to identify properties quickly, write reasonable offers, and then your agent has to follow up with the Listing Agent regularly. That is how they landed their dream home.

It is not an easy market right now. There are several sellers in the Downey / Norwalk / Whittier area that are aggressively looking for VA buyers. Contact me if you want to discuss your options further. Dare to Dream.

Shel-lee Davis
Real Estate Consultant
RE/MAX Palos Verdes Realty
http://shel-lee.listingbook.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 10, 2009
Hi there Jorge, you and most other buyers out there are faced with the same situation. I think you need to find an agent who has enough connections to know when and if properties are coming onto the market before they are listed. There are several agents out there known as buyers agents who work with REO agents. And although, it still comes down to the price and the terms. I have been successful by aligning myself with some agents who have listing coming out and I do open houses for these homes once they come out. If you do not have an agent you are happy with please give me a call. Is Downey the only area you are looking to buy? I can think of two very nice houses at the moment that are available and no offers yet.
Hi Jorge, I'd like to give you a precise answer to your question but the truth is these properties will usually sell even before 90 percent of people have had a chance to place an offer. I currently have a few listings in Downey I'd be more than happy to share them with you as well as represent you for your purchase. Let me know if I could be of some assistance, thanks!

Diego Esquivel
Coldwell Banker Allstars
323-807-7242
DE52084@AOL.COM
Hi there Jorge, you are not alone. Many buyers are faced with that same situation. The previous agent comments are correct. Working with a buyers agent that has the contacts with the REO listing agents. Many agents have connections or are well networked with the agents listing properties. In my personal experience, I try to connect with the REO listing agents in my office and I usually know when the properties are going on the market before they are listed. But knowing what the sellers want is very important. Find an agent that is well connected to the listing agents. I would love to sit down with you and share with you what I can do for you. And share with you the experience I have had with my buyers. I am sure we can find you something as the properties come up. JOE
Hi Jorge,
I am a 13+ year Realtor and have worked with all types of buyers. I grew up in Whittier and know the Southeast L.A. area very well. I would love the opportunity to work with you in finding a Downey property. The key is to work with a buyers agent that can communicate well with the listing agent. That way you are able to find out what the seller bottom line is and how to structure the offer that works for everyone.
Please email me back so we can discuss this further.
Antoinette M. Montreal
Web Reference: http://www.AntSells.com
No there isn't. Downey is a hot market and is in high demand. And I am going to be really honest with you; having 100% financing is not going to help. Banks know that a VA loan is very difficult to close due to all of the lender requirements and if there is another offer that has the same terms as your, chances are they will take the other offer. What does your agent say about this?