Sue Boilini, Home Buyer in Walsenburg, CO

I want to trade home or lot in Pagosa Springs for Colorado Springs area,any ideas?

Asked by Sue Boilini, Walsenburg, CO Fri Jan 11, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3103483437-3020-N-Hancock-Ave…

Answers

4
Kevin Olson and Jessica Laude’s answer
I'm trying to get clarification here.

I'm assuming you own a home, lot, or both free and clear in Pagosa Springs. If that's not the case and there is a loan there could be a lot of problems with what you're wanting to do.

If you do own free and clear, you're most likely going to have to find someone who also owns free and clear in Colorado Springs.

To broaden your selection and make things much easier on yourself I would recommend just selling your property in Pagosa Springs and then purchasing here in Colorado Springs.

If the problem is not getting enough for your property in Pagosa Springs you'll hit the same problem with a property owner here that you are wanting to trade with. In doing a trade at your request it doesn't really give you a good bargaining position since most likely you are approaching them. There are still normally appraisals, etc. done to ensure value.
Hi Sue, May I help you find a Realtor to work with?
TRY CONTACTING A REALTOR IN YOUR AREA WHO BELONGS TO THE NATIONAL COUNCIL OF EXCHANGERS. THESE ARE REALTORS WHO WILL SPECIFICALLY DEAL IN THESE TYPES OF TRANSACTIONS.
Hi Sue,
Thanks for the question. Are you looking for a primary residence, investment or something else? I have a wide range of questions for you considering Colorado Springs and Pagosa Springs are quite a distance from each other. If you like, I would be happy to explore options. Give me a call or email me. 303-335-6262 or info@cherrycreekhomesearch.com. Thanks!