lahosey50, Home Owner in California City, CA

I want to report a corrupt Homeowners Association to a California state or federal agency and don't know where to start. Please help!!!

Asked by lahosey50, California City, CA Mon Jun 3, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:


You really need to start with a good real estate attorney. Although Ron offered up some very sound and professional thoughts as RE professionals we are not really qualified nor licensed to offer legal advice and that is where this needs to go.
2 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 5, 2013
I'm pretty sure that HOAs are not Federally regulated.
I'm also pretty sure that they are not State regulated, any more than a Bar or a Motel is regulated.
It is a BUSINESS; supposedly so:
Some are Professionally Managed, and some are run by a Board of some of the Residents.
Some have Draconian Rule and Regulations, and some are kind and considerate.
Some are well-rin and financially sound, some are not.
Do you know where your's fall in this quagmire of posibilities?
Do you know a good DA or an Attorney?
Do you have a potent BBB?
2 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 3, 2013
Contact with the state of California they will give you info about this
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jul 14, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer