Home Buying in Rochester>Question Details

D, Home Buyer in Rochester, NY

I want to relocate to Monroe County, NY. Can you tell me the city/town that would have the lowest property taxes but is still a nice place to live?

Asked by D, Rochester, NY Mon Jan 11, 2010

Answers

6
no where..you get raped in monroe county..lived here for over 50 years..go some where else
Property taxes certainly represent an important component, yet they're only 1 factor in a wise purchasing decision. Monroe County, as well as nearby Wayne and Ontario Counties, has one of the highest affordability rankings in the entire country. So it's hard to go wrong with homeownership in any one of the towns. Then the questions are: What are the respective appreciation rates; Are you looking for information on the many different and excellent school districts; What about resale potential; What about neighborhood amenities? These and other questions should be raised for you with the Realtor that you consult. Some of the answers already shown here give you some good objective information. But buyers will do best by taking a comprehensive approach - one that takes into account all of the factors that influence both the affordability and your rate of return over time on your home investment.
Hi D...
The lowest cost per thousand of assessed value in Monroe County is in the town of Henrietta. The retail stores in the northwest corner pay a ton of taxes for us homeowners keeping property taxes down! There are some fantastic suburban homes all over Henrietta. I have 24 years of experience for you to tap with no obligation. Fell free to get in touch if I can help. Thanks
Don Perry
585-732-3112
Hi - I would like to guide you to the following web site where you can find the tax information that you are looking for... Here is a link to the site

http://monroecounty.gov/property-taxrates.php

All towns and villages are beautiful and a nice place to live in Monroe County. Let me know if you need additional information.

satrouni@aol.com
You will need to check the assessments. Many towns in Monroe County have multiple school districts, so
the school taxes can be different in the same town. ie Greece has Greece, Hilton, Spencerport for example.
Check taxes out on http://www.homesteadnet.com
The school taxes are the culprits, along with the assessments. The smaller the school district the lower amount each property owner will contribute. The assessments on each home, in each town will be a large factor. Be educated about how the towns reassess. Some will reassess only per the NYS law, others will reassess upon transfer and title.. I think that Gananda is a wonderful place to live.. minutes to 4 corners of Penfield, Penfield schools, and the homes have a nice price range, and are beautifully maintained. This is in Wayner County..
BUT.. there are many many nice towns/neighborhoods... check the assessments!