Home Buying in Rochester>Question Details

D, Home Buyer in Rochester, NY

I want to relocate to Monroe County, NY. Can you tell me the city/town that would have the lowest property taxes but is still a nice place to live?

Asked by D, Rochester, NY Mon Jan 11, 2010

Answers

2
Property taxes certainly represent an important component, yet they're only 1 factor in a wise purchasing decision. Monroe County, as well as nearby Wayne and Ontario Counties, has one of the highest affordability rankings in the entire country. So it's hard to go wrong with homeownership in any one of the towns. Then the questions are: What are the respective appreciation rates; Are you looking for information on the many different and excellent school districts; What about resale potential; What about neighborhood amenities? These and other questions should be raised for you with the Realtor that you consult. Some of the answers already shown here give you some good objective information. But buyers will do best by taking a comprehensive approach - one that takes into account all of the factors that influence both affordability and your rate of return over time on your home investment.
The town of Henrietta in Monroe County is one to look at. Visit AkersSellsHomes.com to view properties and learn more about the areas. Feel free to give me a call to discuss the tax credit that is available and answer any other questions you may have. Linda Akers 585-576-5555