Home Buying in Willow Grove>Question Details

ccmolt, Home Seller in Willow Grove, PA

I want to put a ac unit in to make it more appealing buyers. Been qouted between 2.5k to 3k by 3 companies. Will I recoop that cost when selling?

Asked by ccmolt, Willow Grove, PA Tue Dec 4, 2012

Answers

2
I some cases yes, in most that money is better used for such things as. Only a comparison of recent solds similar to your home with and without AC will tell you. As an agent with over 15 years in this business I cant think of a home that adding an AC was the best use of $3,000.00. Ask your Realtor to do a walk through. Keeping this budget in mind, mention the AC and ask for a cost benifit comparison.
Could you just give me a few ideas that might be better spending the 3k on? just as a ballpark idea
Flag Tue Dec 4, 2012
Hi, none of us can guarantee this outcome of course, but here's my opinion:

1. You may recoup close to 100% of it.

2. Even if you only recoup 70% or less however, it may help you house sell faster which will offset carrying costs.

Central air is almost a "must have" these days and my clients DO ask about the age of the unit.

If you decide to go this route, make sure to keep all the receipts and manufacturer warranties. Also, have your Realtor highlight the fact that you have new c/a in their marketing.

I hope you had a Realtr do a walkthru with you in case there is something else that should be done before you worry about the c/a.

Call or email if you need my opinion. I know Willow Grove and we represent homes in all price ranges.

Have a great day!

Eric Axelson, Associate Broker
Licensed in NJ and PA
Kurfiss Sotheby's International Realty
267.507.2287
axelson@kurfiss.com
Web Reference: http://kurfiss.com