Home Buying in Millsboro>Question Details

Susan June, Home Buyer in Long Neck, DE

I want to purchase a house/trailer in/around Millsboro. I want to own the land not lease it. Can someone give me the names of some neighborhoods?

Asked by Susan June, Long Neck, DE Fri Mar 7, 2014

Answers

4
I have a class C three bedroom home with a large deck on the front and screened porch on the back- it has an oversized detached garage as well- all on a little less than 1 acre of your OWN land. The inside has been remodeled and beautiful. It is not in a community -just off of Rt 5 in Longneck on Friendship Rd. Did I mention that the porch overlooks adorable little stream in back! If your interested in looking I would be happy to show it to you! Good Luck
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 7, 2014
Hi Crystal, Could you please give me the address? Thankyou.
Flag Mon Mar 10, 2014
Susan, depending on what you want to spend, the best deal right now is the Village of Millwood. There is a great 3 bedroom 2 bathroom house available for the $120,000s! It's located off of Mitchell Rd. I'd be glad to help you find something - let me know!
Rich Cooper
Lewes Realty
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 7, 2014
There are several communities in Millsboro where you can own the land and the mobile like oak orchards, oak meadows, and oak crest farms to name a few. If you would like to see some of the homes in these developments. I would be happy to assist you in your search. My direct contact details are 302-703-7141.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Tony Sacco
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 7, 2014
add on to above. I'm getting very frustrated because all the listings I'm looking at are leased land. They really should have to post either lease or own on the description section it would make life much easier.

Maybe someone out there knows of a website that just lists properties that you own!!

Thank you
I am interested to moving to Sussex County, DE. However from another state. I am having the same problems as those already mentioned. It would be extremely helpful to let the buyer know up front how much the lot rent will be,, and to identify those up for sale with no monthly fee. I agree it is most often not mentioned and this is of course the way to have the buyer commit to an agent. If you can get complete information while researching, much time would be saved. Very discouraging. Kat1639
Flag Thu Aug 13, 2015
I am so with you. I have been watching the prices and I find one and read the description and boom "low lot rent" or it doesn't say anything at all. I don't golf and I am not a huge sit by the pool person either. The only time I would go to the pool would be with the grand kids. Maybe twice a year, so renting the land that includes these amenities is a waste of money and if the lot rent is $500 mo that is $6k a year and in 10 year's that is $60k. A waste to own something on leased land. I have contacted an agent and given them what I am looking for so maybe I will find what I want and need. I may start a FB page for people that are thinking of moving to Sussex County. You never know, just might meet some really nice folks that are all looking for the same thing.
Flag Wed Mar 25, 2015
I agree.... I'm looking to move up there too and I also want to buy and own my own land but my budget will be limited. Not planning the move until Fall/winter 2015 but trying to get a feel for whats there. A way to separate owning the land vs leasing the land would make it much easier.
Flag Sun Jun 1, 2014
Work with a real estate agent. We can lead you directly to areas where you would own the land. Contact me for more details - 302-384-3277.
Yvonne Tyndale
Bay Coast Realty
Flag Sat Mar 8, 2014