Home Buying in Fort Wayne>Question Details

mattsno1fan, Home Buyer in Fort Wayne, IN

I want to purchase a home but have a low score.There must be help out there but I'm not sure where to look.

Asked by mattsno1fan, Fort Wayne, IN Sun Mar 3, 2013

Answers

9
Debra (Debbie) Rose’s answer
ok, so let me add my 2 cents...........overall - don't you think it is better to advise someone who has "credit problems" that they should work on improving that situation first before taking on added debt in the form of a home loan, even if it were possible ?

and I had to shake my head in dismay when it was pointed out that by "staying in a property rent and/or mortgage payment free", they were able to SAVE money!

So by selectively ignoring their obligation to pay one debt......they were saving up so they could borrow money and create a new debt from a new source..........sweet!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 5, 2013
Ted, you honestly think someone with a self professed low credit score is going to have a 35% down payment. Really??? Ha, ha, ha......
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 5, 2013
Stay away from online or off-line "credit repair" services. There are many scammers who may attempt to lure you into fraudulently manipulating your credit score (for a fee of course). Others may take a fee from you with the promise of credit improvement, and never deliver. There are local sources such as credit counselors or mortgage lenders who will assist you at no cost. One such source of assistance is the Pathfinders organization, who will work with you (free of charge) to improve your credit score AND other obstacles to mortgage financing. Additionally they may help you obtain preferred interest rates and lead you to (legitimate) downpayment assistance programs.

I have more than 26 years local real estate experience and welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you further.

Ken Richardson
Ken Richardson Realty Company
Office; (260) 422-1888
Cell: (260) 413-6058
E-mail: ken@kenrichardsonrealty.com

website: http://www.kenrichardsonrealty.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 3, 2013
Yes, really!!! we're making loans right now to folks that have low credit scores. Everyone has a different situation and story. Just because someone has a low credit score doesn't mean they don't have a down payment or any cash. We currently have several loans working in Indiana right now for people that are credit challenged, or have had a recent foreclosure. Some people have been staying in a property rent and/or mortgage payment free while the foreclosure process happens. Those folks have down payments! Thanks for your commentary...
We offer home loans with no credit checks and no income verification. We do require a 35% down payment for our no documentation loan program. If this is something that you'd like more information on, please contact me.

Ted Esquibel –Account Executive
o: 512-334-1481
ted.esquibel@econohomes.com
1905 Kramer Lane, Ste B-700 Austin, TX 78758 | http://www.econohomes.com
Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or Google+!
I work with lenders who may have options for you. Do you know how low your credit score is? Give me a call, or send me an email. and we can discuss your options. The lenders that I work with can also help you get on a path to repairing your credit, if you don't currently qualify.

Darren Schortgen
Broker
Schortgen Realty
260-385-7603
email: Darren@DarrenSchortgen.com
Web Reference: http://SchortgenRealty.com
help to do what?

help to buy a home now, with low credit??
or
help to improve your credit so that you can qualify for a loan down the road?

Yes, there is help....and the help you should be looking for is help in improving your credit score so that your financial situation is stronger than it is now

best wishes..........
Google "credit repair". There are services out there that can get you back up to lending standards pretty quick.
How low is low? There may be options available.