Home Buying in Los Angeles>Question Details

David Lango, Home Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

I want to pay cash for real estate that costs less than $50,001.00 Which States offer the best bang for my buck?

Asked by David Lango, Los Angeles, CA Sat Apr 6, 2013

I am not interested at all in New York or California. I would prefer a State that had no helmet law for motorcyclists. States that present less 2nd Ammendment Right infringements like Arizona is another factor important to me. Low taxes like New Hampshire appeals to me and is why I rule out NY and CA.

Answers

7
Look at rural Illinois. Otherwise I would say out of the country, maybe Baja Mexico
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 10, 2013
Texas is a good bet, or Arizona.
Texas and Nevada would be my vote.
Nevada has a helmet law and Harry Reid won't audit the Fed. That State is OUT!
Flag Sat Apr 6, 2013
I would think AZ or TX looks like your cup of tea! Try in the middle of TX you can probably buy a fourplex for under $50K and have tenants to shoot it out with LOL!

Best of luck!

Ron
Thanks for that, and I've thought about investment property.

What I would find most appealing is a dumpy doublewide on five acres that has water and power, that I could bulldoze into my own personal RV spot in a 'rural/desert/less-populated' setting.
Flag Sat Apr 6, 2013
Hmmm, you may want to narrow down the search. Try your luck in one of the Dakotas, oil is real big there right now. Here in Tucson, AZ (the only housing market I know) we were named by Forbes Mag last year as "#1 city to invest in real estate". Inventory is down, prices are up but still good time to buy.

Also, FYI paying cash does not mean you will automatically get a "good deal", many sellers in today's market don't give a discount for cash. If that is the case, you may want to talk to a financial consultant, they can explain the advantages of obtaining a loan at 3.75% vs tying up that cash. Opinions vary, best of luck.

Spirit
Sure I understand, mortgage is consider "good debt" but to each their own. I would invest my money at a higher rate of return (ROI) than 3.75% but again, opinions vary. Best of luck.
Flag Sat Apr 6, 2013
I like being free and independent. I got out of debt and intend to stay that way, thanks but no thanks.
Flag Sat Apr 6, 2013
Idaho.
Even Alaska would fit the bill.
Mingo West Virginia has a place for you also.
WVA is selling out to the party line but Mingo is hard for the party to find.
Try to choose locations as far from Florida as possible. Hmmm, 'cause the humdity is way to high for a Californian to be comfortable. Idyhoe is where you ought to go.
So much to choose from.
Best of success to you.
David,
Check out Florida. We have no helmet law. Ironically, the gal who pushed this legisilation through was killed in a motorcycle accident not long after. We have no income tax and fairly low property tax. A few years ago we had a lot of properties in SW Florida for less than 50k. Not so many now and most need a good bit of work or are in less desireable areas.
Thank you.
5 acres with water and power available appeals to me more than any house in a bad neighborhood or "fixer" home. A fully developed rural property with a dumpy doublewide that I can bulldoze would be perfect for me if the price was right.
Flag Sat Apr 6, 2013