Home Buying in Bastrop>Question Details

KKHouston, Home Buyer in Bastrop, TX

I want to move to the Bastrop area to retire, but am concerned with the property crime % shown on this website. Also, why are there so many

Asked by KKHouston, Bastrop, TX Fri May 21, 2010

foreclosures? It is crucial that I know the truth before moving from Houston.

Answers

4
Bastrop would be a great area to retire to with minimal crime that you can look up on the Texas DPS site or by contacting the Bastrop police department directly. Foreclosures occur in a lot of areas for varing reasons, providing opportunity for those looking to find a home for the right price.

Bastrop is a quaint little town situated on the banks of the Colorado River. Conveniently located between Austin and Houston you can enjoy various events in both cites or head south to San Antonio and make it back home by night fall.

The fires of last year have resulted in the re-birthing of the Bastrop area both environmetally and in community.
Kk: -houston crime rates are best considered with a "specific neighborhood"! As the others stated check with local law enforcement for the "neighborhood" issues, my neighborborhood(where I live in Bastrop) has low crime rates.
Bastrop is a great place to live!! Been here over 20 years with little to no crime issues for me.
Foreclosures have actually been down in the area, however they do seem to be slowly on the rise again, now that the lenders have forgone the "grace periods" offered last year. I am a foreclosure expert, and handle alot of the Fannie Mae foreclosures from Columbus, Texas to Buda, Texas . Buyer beware not all foreclosures are "deals" Randy M. McDonald Texas Realtor Lic# 0466360
Web Reference: http://www.stanberry.com
Your best source of information regarding any crime issues is the local police department, why not visit/call and ask all your questions, hear all there is to hear firsthand--they'll gladly help.
If you are concerned about crime in Bastrop, I suggest you check the web site of txdps.state.tx.us. You can get crime information from there. As for foreclosures there are some foreclosures but not as many as some other areas. There are many nice homes that are not foreclosures on the market and I would be happy to assist you, I work with Keller Williams and can be reached by my e-mail if you are interested.