babzincali, Home Buyer in Oklahoma City, OK

I want to move to Oklahoma City because my kids live there. I'm 66, good credit, single with 50,000.00 to put down. I'm going on social security.

Asked by babzincali, Oklahoma City, OK Sun Sep 22, 2013

Buy or rent? I need some advice. I would like my payment to be around 700./month with insurance and taxes.

Answers

13
Karen Barton’s answer
Sounds like you have received some good advise. If you are still interested in purchasing a home in OKC, I would love to help you. I can walk you through the loan and home buying process.

Karen Barton
Metro First Realty
405-209-8243
http://www.KarenBartonHomes.com
Buy. Cheaper monthly and eventually you own.. I recommend The Lenders Network, they can refer you to an agent to help you find a home and a Lender or two that can get you pre approved.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 28, 2013
My advice is to talk to at least two major lenders.

I work NW OKC and Edmond area. I have been in the real estate business since 1988. If you email me I would be happy to send you some listings that might appeal to you. I would love to help you with whatever decision you decide on.

LaDonna West
Paradigm AdvantEdge
lilwest3@cox.net
405-348-4422
Oklahoma City is one of many places where it is less expensive to buy than to rent.

You can log onto MSN.com and there is a buy versus rent work sheet there. It is very helpful.

I recommend that you use a local lender. I recommend James Kincaid with Spirit Bank. His number is 405-409-8304.

Carolyn Sims
Keller Williams Realty Elite
405-808-7922
Web Reference: http://carolynsimshomes.com
I agree with Brittany. Your first step should be to talk through your financing options with a trustworthy, reputable lender. You'll have a very clear understanding of which option is best for YOU after doing so. Feel free to call Brooke at 405-802-8774 for a free consultation on current options.
Right now is a great time to buy especially in South Oklahoma City! I would love to visit with you about some possibilities. Interest rates are still low but going up. I work for Keller Williams Green Meadow, which is one of the top firms in the city. My cell is 204-8215. My name is Andrew Armstrong.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 22, 2013
I do not want to live in sw OKC. My son lives in Norman and my daughters live in NW OKC. I will contact a financial planner tomorrow.
Flag Sun Sep 22, 2013
Buying a home will be a better investment for your future. You need to decide about the area you want to live in and the type of home you will feel comfortable living in. It may be possible to buy a home or condo without depleting your savings. You need to visit with a financial planner or another trusted professional about your financial and long term goals. Mortgage money is still a good bargain at the current interest rates. It may be better for you to borrow for a mortgage and use your $50,000 for a nest egg and/or some other type of investment.
Good afternoon:
The smart move would be to buy your home especially with as much as $50,000.00 down: You can buy more home than you can rent for the same money: With the low interest your payments will be lower, you will of course be building equity,

Where do you Kids live and do you want in the same area, or in a different area: Let me know where you want to make your investment and I can start sending you homes to view:

Thank You
John Phillips
Re/Max Preferred Properties
405 413 0791
I can send you a comparison to show you the benefits of buying versus renting if you plan to stay in the same home for several years.

I have two condos for sale in a gated complex for people aged 55 and over. It is the best kept secret in Oklahoma City. For under $74,000, you can live in a 2 bed, 2 bath condo with a pool.

The home owners association fee covers electricity, gas, water, sewage, trash, exterior maintenance and insurance, grounds and pool maintenance, and pest control. Also, if your heat / air unit goes out or needs repair, the HOA covers it.

With $50,000 down, your payment would be under $700 even with the HOA fee. It would be a good idea to talk with a financial planner to determine how much to put down so that you have a buffer zone for any emergencies. Contact me and I can give you estimates of how much down you would need to invest if you were to buy a condo or a home and still keep your payment under $700..

Please let me know if you are interested in learning more about these condos or looking at estimates of payments based on purchase price, down payment, & interest rate..

Good luck with your move to OKC.
Hi There, with $50,000 down and a $700 month payment you have a tremendous amount of opportunities to own a home, condo, or townhome. My contact information is as follows: Bill Hayden Phone: 405 - 562 - 0886 or e-mail: bill.hayden@cbokc.com. Please contact me and I'll help answer any questions or concerns you might have as well as financing and searching for your new home.
Buy and call Kurt or Donny at Financial Concepts Mortgage at 405-722-5626 to go over payments and pre-approval letter.

Tell them I sent you and once they have your pre-approval letter, my team and I will help you find what you are looking for.

Respectfully, Josh
I would be happy to help you. I can recommend a lender and help you find a house. You can visit my website or contact me at 405-808-7922.

Carolyn Sims
Keller Williams Realty Elite
405-808-7922
carolynsims@kw.com
I would talk to a mortgage lender to see what is the best option for you. They will be able to let you know how much you can be qualified to spend! Hope this helps.