Home Buying in Detroit>Question Details

Renee58, Renter in Detroit, MI

I want to move into a lease to own property in the metro Detroit area. I have poor credit (forclosure) Is there any realtor that will work with me?

Asked by Renee58, Detroit, MI Sat Dec 4, 2010

Answers

4
Hello Renee, I currently have over 25 properties available for rent in the city of Detroit. Our property manager will work with you if you have a solid employment history and make at least 2 1/2 times the rent monthly. I would be more than happy to help you find a home that matches your criteria. The majority of our Clients will consider offering an option in addition to the lease contract. Please feel free to email me your contact information and I will give you a call to discuss. Jess@JessAnthony.com
Web Reference: http://www.usmrealty.com
I think you are missing the point. Realtors certainly will work with you. Landlords will be your problem - if your credit is poor, you must overcome it with a good employment letter, good references, perhaps auto pay of the lease etc. You may have to get creative and agree to paying several months at once. Good luck.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 4, 2010
I am a Realtor and property manager and have a number of homes that i can place you in. These properties will be in Detroit or in the suburbs. We have many rent to own/land contract programs available. for more information please contact me @ 734-237-5969
As a Michigan licensed real estate professional I often work with families that buy a home using a lease option.
Here in the state most landlord owners are aware that many of our citizens have credit that is not stellar.
With the high job turnover in the area, owners have found working with buyers using other criteria is important.
Many are willing to overlook bad credit scores. And also accept bankruptcy and foreclosure.
But what will probably not be forgiven are unsecured credit accounts in collection.
This is especially true if the collection involves utilities.

Buying a home with a lease option does involve an application process.
References will be verified.
Your source of income will be confirmed. Your current housing record will be checked for the last 2 years.
Court records and other resources will be checked to see if you have ever been evicted or had a vehicle reposed.

For a list of homes available with lease option in SE Michigan, contact:

Chip Andis
Cell (248) 931-0084

Chip@Realfi.com

REALFi
REAL ESTATE AND FINANCE IN ONE
34 S. Telegraph Rd
Waterford, MI 48328
Office (248) 886-0000
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 4, 2010