Home Buying in Alpine>Question Details

Kristi, Home Buyer in 07093

I want to look at homes in NJ - Bergen and Essex Counties. How does it work here, do I need a different agent for each county?

Asked by Kristi, 07093 Mon Jan 25, 2010

Answers

7
PS................ Kristi..........just to clarify...........sure, I could show you homes in Bergen County (thanks to my navigational gizmo & the mls), but could I represent myself as an expert there? Could I answer any questions you might have without having to look them up? No........I couldn't

My personal business philosophy has always been, if I can't do it well, I don't do it. I look out for my client's best interest.

Any agent who ciaims that are equally knowledgeable in both counties would have to be superman or superwoman, or is just not being truthful. Bergen County is way too vast to know it all.....from coops in Ft Lee, to sprawling estates in Saddle River or Alpine... Same with Essex County...while not as vast as Bergen , there are nuances and differences in buying in Short Hills to buying in Belleville or Fairfield.

Do yourself a favor - a home is such a huge purchase - Find an expert for each county...............you will have better guidance with someone who is well versed in that area. You need more than just a tour guide.

All the best.
Debbie
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 25, 2010
Kristi,

Quite often I have honest buyers who will divulge that their interests are varied. In order to serve your best interest, I would engage the services of agents from both counties being honest about your quest. I good agent will understand and will act accordingly.

Good Luck in your search!

Love and Peace,
Francesca Patrizio, ePro, SRES
Francesca@PatrizioRE.com
Cell/DIRECT: 732.606.2931
Web Reference: http://www.PatrizioRE.com
HI Kristi,
Although I would like to say I can do it all, you would be better off finding agents who specialize in each area.
Please let me know if I can be of any help.
Helene Birns
Hi Kristi,
I am an agent in both county's but I specialize in Bergen and Hudson county and will show anything in Essex county. I have sold condo/townhomes in Essex where my buyer knew what they wanted and where they wanted to be. If you are not sure of the area in either county's then I would always refer you to an agent that really knows Essex county. Let me know if I can help you out.
Gail Zaccaro,ABR,SFR
Friedberg Properties & Assoicates
Office: 201-768-6868 ext 126
GZaccaro@Optonline.net
http://www.GailZaccaro.com
Hi Kristi

In my opinion, to truly learn about an area, you should use someone who specializes in that area. Most Bergen County agents and not well versed in Essex County homes, and visa versa.

Tim may have found the 1 agent who could handle both, but that's not usual.

My philosophy has always been to make sure my client is well served....if I don't sell or list in an area on a regular basis, I'd rather refer my client to someone who does.

There can be some overlapping, but both counties offer a wide variety of homes and towns and price ranges.
If you are looking for specific information on schools, commuting, houses of worship, day care. etc,... a local agent is the best source for that.

I would suggest that you select someone in each county. I highly doubt that anyone who knows Livingston or Short Hills, for example, would be as well versed in Ft Lee, Alpine or Franklin Lakes - just 3 of many Bergen County towns.

My specialty is Essex County - I have lived and worked here my whole life.
Please feel free to visit my website for more information on me.
If you'd like to reach out to me, I'd be delighted to help.

Good luck to you......
Best wishes.
Debbie Rose
Prudential NJ Properties
I have shown clients homes in both Bergen and Essex counties. When you find an agent you are comfortable with, it is helpful to work with the same agent as you consider different homes. They get to know your needs and desires, and may be able to find the gem that will be yours.

I enjoy the searching process, it's matching the right home for the right people. If you have any questions on specific homes, I'll be happy to help.

Mercure Volt
Elite Realtors of New jersey

973-509-7887
973-818-8506

http://www.yourHometownSearch.com
I used the same one for both counties. I started my search in Bergen, but ended up finding better for cheeper in Essex.