Home Buying in Oakhurst>Question Details

Patricia Yon…, Home Buyer in 08053

I want to live near Oakhurst (20 min or -), but my budget is $200,000. Where should I look? Over 55, Single, but need 2 BD and have a 67lb dog.

Asked by Patricia Yonker, 08053 Thu Nov 4, 2010

Answers

6
Patricia,

There are a plethora of over 55 communities within 20 minutes of Oakhurst in your price range, including many great deals on properties that once sold for much higher. I might suggest the Greenbriar's in Brick, Greenbriar Woodlands in Toms River, Holiday City, Berkely may be a little further than you want to travel. Contact me direct through Trulia and I can set you up on learning more about these developments via email. Once you are ready to communicate with me directly, you can do so.

I am an SRES - Seniors Real Esate Specialist as 33% of my business is in helping others downsize their current homes and place them in the most appropriate adult communities. Having said that, I have a good grasp of what is offered at various developements and their pros and cons.

PS I currently have a property for sale in Greenbriar Woodlands @ $184,900. The last market sale on this model was $210 in August, 2010 . . . clearly a great deal from this motivated estate!

Francesca Patrizio, Broker, ePro, SRES
Francesca@PatrizioRe.com
732.606.2931
Web Reference: http://www.PatrizioRE.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 12, 2010
Yes Jeremy is right..First time for everything :p
Jeremy's right. The Leisure Village communities with Lakewood addresses would work. Small ranches constructed in the 70's with varying degrees of modernization.
Most adult communities will allow a dog weighing 67lbs.. Look in Toms River in my opinion..

Jeremy
Unless you get a one-of-a-kind opportunity like the agent below suggests, for under $200K you'll probably have to go with a Long Branch fixer-upper, probably of post-Victorian vintage, or a condo in the West Park or Asbury Avenue communities in Tinton Falls, due west of Oakhurst but certainly within 5 minutes. I don't know the pet rules and regs regarding dogs for the communities.
There is a brand new listing on the market in Oakhurst that is a remodeled house with outdoor space for the dog. it looks really nice. the properties priced right and that show well sell quickly. you may need to act fast. Please let me know if I can set up an appointment for you. my office is located right in Oakhurst.