Home Buying in Georgetown>Question Details

Smith, Home Buyer in Georgetown, Washington...

I want to find an elegant condo in Georgetown preferably East Village... as I am told by my friends. Any advice on the buildings? Would prefer?

Asked by Smith, Georgetown, Washington, DC Wed Dec 2, 2009

something old and classy...

Answers

16
The most building inthat area are Older . However, there are some buildings that have been updated recently. Olease vist http://DCRealtyOnline.com for more info
Web Reference: http://DCRealtyOnline.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 18, 2009
HI, Smith. Montrose is one of the two properties that I have mentioned which has a unit for sale. Dumbarton Oaks and Tudor Place are in East Village of Georgetown. Sorry but the same answer in that there are 2 condos available in that area. Do you mean you want to look out of East Village?
Thanks. I meant 2brs close to both Dumbarton Oaks and Tudor Place. Can you send me some info what's available ? I think I like Montrose Place..anything there ?
Hi, Smith. What I provided to you earlier is all that is for sale (condo, 2 br) in East Village. That includes around Dumbarton. I think you might be talking about Tudor Place. Tudor Place is a historic home and garden open to the puclib and also a beautiful location for private functions. ~Katrina
Thanks. Getting info from either of you would be welcome and appreciated...
Hi, Smith. IAre you directing your question to me? I cannot tell as there is another agent on this thread. Perhaps you can email me separately. kschymik@mcenearney.com. Best, Katrina
Thanks. Can you send me the info what's available (2BR) currently in the vicinity of Dumbarton Oaks ? I also noticed this other beautiful place, Tudor Park etc ? They seem to be close to each other, right ? Anything there ?
There aren't too many condos in the East Village. It is made up of mostly residential homes. Great area though. There is a new development that was built 2 years ago. And if you went just a few blocks further in several directions you could find something newer as well. Happy to help you.
Hi, Smith. Dumbarton is in that area indeed! I am staying DC local for the holidays so feel free to give me a call anytime. Look forward to connecting!

Cheers,
Katrina
202.441.3982
Thanks. Will be in DC over Christmas to check things out so might give you a call. My friends mentioned to check the vicinity of Dumbarton Oaks (some old estate...?). They mentioned there are some nice bldgs there - are these the ones you mentioned ?
Hi, Smith. My pleasure! Montrose Walk is 43 condos and 14 townhomes. Dent Place is a boutique building, too, but I am not sure how many units are in it. I believe it is smaller than Montrose. 2500 Q is larger. With regard to your comment on parking, unfortunately, there is no place in Georgetown that has easy street parking. Please feel free to contact me directly if you'd like and we can talk of the possiblitiy of exploring your options.

Katrina Schymik
McEnearney Associates
Licensed in DC, MD and VA
202.441.3982
kschymik@mcenearney.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 13, 2009
Thanks Katrina. How big are the places you recommended ? Would prefer something that is not too big (20-30 units) on a street that is not too noisy and offers easy street parking... Looked at Sheridan garage... pics not my taste...
Smith, I just saw the "old and classy" note at the end of your question. Sheridan garage is new. Might want to strike that from the list.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 4, 2009
You are welcome! Have you considered Montrose Walk, Sheridan Garage, Dent Place Condos or the 2500 Q Street building? All have condos for sale right now. Most condos are in rowhouses in G-town as you probably know. If you'd like to get in touch with me, shoot me an email and we can talk more! Cheers, Katrina
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 4, 2009
Thanks. Need a 2 bdr. Parking is not critical - street parking would be fine. Price and condo fees are relative to what I get. View is important and so is immediate neighborhood. Would prefer quiet area.
Hello, Smith. East Village is fantastic! One would ask what your price range might be and how many bedrooms/baths and if you need parking (which is always a premium in Georgetown) as well as outdoor space. Additionally, how much are you willing to pay for monthly condo fees?